Moonrise Kingdom

CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Moonrise Kingdom

Post by CashRules »

I'm not even sure why I liked this but I did. So there! I have spoken!
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Faustus5
Super Poster

Re: Moonrise Kingdom

Post by Faustus5 »

CashRules wrote:I'm not even sure why I liked this but I did. So there! I have spoken!
I loved it, too!
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

The only Wes Anderson film I haven't seen. I'm extremely hit-and-miss with him... more miss though since the only one I've really loved was Grand Budapest Hotel.
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Eva Yojimbo wrote:The only Wes Anderson film I haven't seen. I'm extremely hit-and-miss with him... more miss though since the only one I've really loved was Grand Budapest Hotel.
I thought I was the only one who didn't like his stuff!
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

Gendo wrote:
Eva Yojimbo wrote:The only Wes Anderson film I haven't seen. I'm extremely hit-and-miss with him... more miss though since the only one I've really loved was Grand Budapest Hotel.
I thought I was the only one who didn't like his stuff!
I'm really hit-and-miss with the whole quirky postmodern comedy thing in general. There are a few examples that I adore--Grand Budapest Hotel and Frances Ha being the two that spring first to mind--and many that I really hate, like Happiness & Me and You and Everyone We Know.
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung