I ended up arguing with a white supremacist

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

I ended up arguing with a white supremacist

Post by Anakin McFly »

They make white people look bad. [none]

I've been in a chill mood so I'm being totally calm while he rants at me about how I'm in denial at the obvious anti- white heterosexual male agenda that Zionists and Lena Dunham have been orchestrating in order to control the masses. Not sure what their end game is.

But again I'm struck by how he's operating from a separate universe of alternative facts, some of which are easily disproven with a quick google search - such as the claim that non-white countries aren't taking in any refugees. Turkey currently has 1.9 million Syrian refugees, almost half the total, with 1.1 million in Lebanon, compared to numbers like 98k in Germany (by far the most in an European country), 18k in Austria and 7k in France and the UK. Japan has been heavily criticised for not accepting refugees, but they try to make up for it by donating billions in aid.

So many of the facts he's using are blatantly untrue, but then he thinks the same of most of mine, and it gets disturbingly relativistic when it comes down to which news sources can be trusted and which are just fake news. Because how do I know anything is true, anyway? the media shapes everything, and no media is free of bias, including the media that tells you what media is biased.

(on hindsight I also regret letting him know I wasn't a straight white man, because he was being a lot more respectful and open to considering my points when he assumed I was.)
aels
Global Moderator

Re: I ended up arguing with a white supremacist

Post by aels »

Anakin McFly wrote:They make white people look bad. [none]
You never meet attractive, charming, funny, smart white supremacists. IDK, maybe they're out there, but the kind of person who is super proud of being white is generally so because they have nothing else going on for them.

Facts are a liberal conspiracy. And you can't trust the media, because Jews.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Damn Jews, always doing Jew stuff.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Chuckles_Otoole
Frequenter

Post by Chuckles_Otoole »

Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

aels wrote:
Anakin McFly wrote:They make white people look bad. [none]
You never meet attractive, charming, funny, smart white supremacists. IDK, maybe they're out there, but the kind of person who is super proud of being white is generally so because they have nothing else going on for them.

Facts are a liberal conspiracy. And you can't trust the media, because Jews.
As the saying goes, the best argument against white supremacy is white supremacists.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

White supremacy would be a lot more appealing if white supremacists were nicer people. #respectabilitypolitics

Which is probably why MLK Jr said all that stuff about white moderates. They make white supremacy look good.