Hans Zimmer

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Hans Zimmer

Post by Cassius Clay »

So, Zimmer apparently performed some of his film scores(Gladiator, Lion King, Inception, etc) at Coachella recently...which was really random, but well-received. Got me thinking about Zimmer's Batman theme and how it's not very heroic compared to Danny Elfman's Batman theme(or plenty of other superheroes)...and how that non-heroic theme really defines Nolan's Batman. Then I randomly run into this vid where Zimmer talks exactly about that:

I realized that part of the reason I liked 'Rises' so much is because there are finally a lot of triumphant and heroic element added to the score...which Zimmer touches in another vid. I've always been very sensitive to the way music is used in movies to communicate and mirror narrative themes, so it was interesting to hear Zimmer explain his specific process here.
Faustus5
Super Poster

Re: Hans Zimmer

Post by Faustus5 »

Call me naive, but I had no idea composers put that kind of thought into their work. Pretty amazing and good for him.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Hans Zimmer

Post by Raxivace »

Interstellar is my favorite Zimmer score overall. That whole score really feels like listening to a clock ticking on some kind of grand scale, which really fits the film well IMO.

I like his other music well enough, but it really does feel like a lot of people have been either copying it or trying to make him do it again.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris