New Hampshire state lawmaker outed as r/theredpill founder

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Re: New Hampshire state lawmaker outed as r/theredpill founder

Post by Monk »

What's amazing is how careless he was at concealing his identity.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I'm probably glad I've never heard of the red pill...
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Gendo wrote:I'm probably glad I've never heard of the red pill...
Trust me, those kinds of people are worth avoiding if you have the choice.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Gendo wrote:I'm probably glad I've never heard of the red pill...
They're a cornerstone of the Men's Rights movement, where the red pill in question refers to discovering the 'truth' that women run the world and feminism is a tool to oppress and silence men.

I think they're also the guys who came up with the alpha/beta/omega male hierarchy, but I could be wrong there.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Uh, they're a lot worse than that. Their basic philosophy is that the progressive gender norms of the last fifty years or so have been wrong and that we should all go back to when husbands were the head of the household and when women had virtually no sexual freedom. They think women are essentially dangerous children who can neither control nor even know their own sexual choices and who can't make decisions by themselves and who necessarily need to be manipulated and/or coerced into having sex. Even that's just scratching the surface - a large number of them say women are incapable of feeling love, that women like to be physically abused and/or raped, and so on. This is all supposedly the reality that our feminist culture has been hiding from us and that you need to take "the red pill" to see.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Well yeah, mine was just the cliff notes version.

Though there also seems to be some conflict between that group and PUA and MRAs, where they apparently don't hold the same views, but I'm not inclined to investigate further and it's all different shades of misogyny either way. But I think PUA is the main culprit when it comes to the sex and rape-related stuff, and TRP focuses more on the evils of feminism.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Eh... I think it's the MRAs who focus on feminism. The Red Pill is all about "sexual strategy", or how to basically emotionally abuse women into getting what you want. Their idea is that women hold all the sex and they make men do what they want all the time, so you need to learn all these tricks in order to get women to give you sex while not giving up your "masculinity". They have all these "tips" which basically amount to emotionally torturing women until they're subservient to you, which overlaps with PUA stuff but also goes a lot further because it's all supposed to apply to long-term relationships as well. They view women as wild animals you're supposed to beat into submission. Often literally.

I think the difference is that MRAs make ridiculous claims about how society works (saying it's controlled by feminists and so on), PUAs make ridiculous claims about the dating scene and what women respond to (which is a claim about culture), but TRP makes ridiculous claims about what women are on a fundamental, biological level. That they secretly like rape and are disgusted by men who show compassion/vulnerability and that they're hypergamous and that they need to be controlled for their own good and stuff. All three are bad of course, but TRP is on an entirely different level than MRAs.