I built this site!

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

I built this site!

Post by Anakin McFly »

A bunch of friends and I have been working on this for most of the year, just launched in late April (I was web developer + lead writer):

https://transgendersg.com

It's the first information resource site for transgender people in Singapore, though most of its content is universally applicable. We got mentioned in a few news outlets including the biggest national paper. :D

I've wanted to do something like this for ages but never had the drive or resources to get it off the ground, but with other people involved we had the numbers to network and to pool experiences together. Until now, information about transitioning in Singapore was practically non-existent, which shouldn't happen when the internet exists. So I'm happy to have been able to do something to address that problem and make things a lot easier for other people in future, who'll no longer have to depend on very dodgy word of mouth and equally questionable healthcare options.

Any feedback/suggestions/corrections/bug reports are always welcome, thanks!
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Re: I built this site!

Post by Islandmur »

Nice and congrats.

Personally I would use an image that is less dark as a header... but that's a personal preference
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Thanks! And yeah, that actually started off as a placeholder image, but then we never got around to changing it. :P We'll probably change it eventually.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Well done, Anakin! [love4]
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Cool!
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I like it.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Thanks!

As a bonus, it's made internet arguments a lot easier because I can just link people to things. :P