How is terrorism liberals' fault?

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

How is terrorism liberals' fault?

Post by Anakin McFly »

They never explain, nor explain how their proposed measures would do a thing to solve the problem. Extreme vetting of refugees? Every country already does that, and given that refugees have yet to go bombing people, I don't see how they're the problem. Banning immigrants? Right, because terrorists will go to years of trouble and paperwork of having a marketable skill, securing a job, finding a home, and then finally, when they get in, blow themselves up. They could save the time and effort by just hopping on a plane.

I'm in a country where 14% of the population are Muslim, and we've managed to have normal lives and a super low crime rate without regularly getting blown up or forcing women to all wear burqas. Only 0.9% of the US population is Muslim (5% in the UK), and yet people seem convinced that raising that by just a tiny fraction would result in doom and women getting raped and gays getting beaten up and murdered (because obviously no white Christian man would ever do such a thing, or, say, go to a school and gun down children before killing themselves, which is somehow qualitatively different than suicide bombing and based on their logic I don't understand how that isn't reason to call for the deportation of all white men).

And I hate that this debate pops up like clockwork every single time, when the focus should instead be on grieving the lives that were lost and caring for the bereaved, and I realise that this thread isn't helping, but things suck and I'm angry and needed to vent.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Re: How is terrorism liberals' fault?

Post by Derived Absurdity »

This debate needs to be refocused on what's really important, which is: how much will this hurt Jeremy Corbyn's chances of becoming PM?
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

They halted campaigning during the aftermath, and The Sun (piece of shit news rag) wrote an article about how awful Jeremy is and how he had friends in the IRA and is responsible for more deaths and not the peace treaty. I'd find it if i wasn't on my phone, but i bet it's on google. The Sun has a huge audience because it has a reading age of about 4
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Here's the article:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3625746/t ... o-the-ira/
THE SUN SAYS The harm done by Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell sucking up to the IRA
Labour pair were snivelling IRA fanboys as it unleashed slaughter on Britain
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

Don't forget Corbyn cosying up to Hezbollah too.
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

I'd prefer my political leaders 'cosying' up to terrorists and trying to bring about peace diplomatically, rather than invading a country and getting thousands of people killed or displaced.