Damnit!

CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Damnit!

Post by CashRules »

Basketball Jesus couldn't pull out another one. I can't even complain that the Warriors stacked the deck in their favor with Durant because Lebr..., I mean Jesus, has stacked a team in his favor twice now.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Re: Damnit!

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

The NBA has a long history of forming super teams around stars, so I find all the complaints about "stacking the deck" or Durant's move being "weak" to be rather absurd. The goal of every team should be to build a super team, and if a player wants to win a championship then their goal should be to join a super team. This time, Durant just joined a better super team than the one LeBron built in Cleveland. I do get the complaint that building such super teams brings the overall level of competition down because the outcomes are nearly predetermined--and Golden State should be a dynasty now barring injuries or key players leaving--and I can sympathize with that to an extent; but on the other hand it's pretty amazing what amounts to the basketball equivalent of The Avengers doing things that seem superhuman, and despite the fact that almost none of the Finals games were close they were still pretty damn entertaining. It was like watching All-Star games that mattered. I mean, geez, the record for most 3-pointers in a Finals game was broken TWICE!
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung