I Had a Two Movie Sunday

Faustus5
Super Poster

I Had a Two Movie Sunday

Post by Faustus5 »

Behind the Candelabra: Well, my Netflix Blue Ray was damaged so I missed chunks of the third act, but I got the idea. What a strange man Liberace was. If only he had been born a generation later, he could have lived out his life as a performer without hiding himself. In fact, he could have maybe gone even further with his performances, who knows. Douglas was good, and though normally I roll my eyes at acting-by-imitation, the nature of the character pretty much demanded that he go that way.

Edge of Seventeen: Fantastic. So often guys get to play deeply flawed characters and females aren't allowed, so watching this drama-queen, narcissist teen was a breath of fresh air even if I was squirming in my seat sometimes. And damn was Hailee Steinfeld great! Holy crap, she has such range. I had no idea she would be so good at comedy. Not that this was a comedy, but it sure had some hilarious dialogue scenes between her and Woody Harrelson, who was also a hoot.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Re: I Had a Two Movie Sunday

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

I would say Edge of 17 is a comedy drama or perhaps even dramedy. I really enjoyed it, and like you, especially the scenes with her and Woody Harrelson. What I really liked was that even though she was a drama-queen narcissist, I could definitely see where she was coming from with regard to the issues in the movie.