It should be illegal to punch Nazis in the face.

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

It should be illegal to punch Nazis in the face.

Post by CashRules »

I've given this a lot of thought and I'm entirely serious about this topic. In fact, punching Nazis in the face should be punishable by a $2.00 fine and 15 minutes in jail WITH NO PAROLE. You have to serve every second of that 15 minutes. We need to send a message that it is unacceptable to punch Nazis in the face. If I was witnessing a Nazi rally, so 20 to 25 people, and found myself tempted to punch every one of them in the face I'd probably think twice if such a law existed. If I knew that every Nazi I punched in the face would cost me a 24 ounce Mello-Yello and the time it takes to drink it then I'd probably stop after the first ten or twelve and somebody else could pay the fine and do the time for punching the rest of those bastards. Society needs to become proactive about dealing with such violent behavior.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: It should be illegal to punch Nazis in the face.

Post by Gendo »

The problem with your suggestion is that poor people can't afford those fines, while rich people can. So you end up with more privilege given to the wealthy; because then only they can go around punching nazis, while poor people would be scared to.

Huh, so that argument apparently works against any sort of fines as punishment, or short-term jail sentences as well, as poor people needing to serve any time at all could ruin their lives for not being able to go to work, etc. Why aren't fines based on a percentage of your money or income instead of a flat rate? I guess John Oliver already covered this somewhat in his municipal violations segment.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/04/ ... tly-unjust" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

So we need to set up a non-profit organization that pays poor people to punch Nazis in the face.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Derived Absurdity wrote:https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/04/ ... tly-unjust" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reminds me of when I didn't renew my DL because I had lost my glasses and couldn't afford to see an optometrist to get a prescription and buy new ones, so I couldn't pass the eye exam. My insurance lapsed and I couldn't get registration stickers or inspection stickers for my car because you need insurance for that, and I couldn't even renew my insurance because you need a DL for that. I ended up piling up about 8 or 9 tickets, all for the same 4 things, which combined at about $500 a pop. Later many of them became warrants, which added an extra one or two hundred to the fines.

I was able to use my white privilege to evade jail time on numerous occasions and once I stopped wasting a ton of money on cocaine and beer and my broke ass friends, I eventually saved up enough to pay them off. Because it had been more than 5 years since I had a DL, the state required me to prove who I was with a SS card, a high school diploma, and a birth certificate. Getting my birth certificate required me to fax some notarized bullshit to California, since I wasn't born in Texas, and pay two or three hundred dollars (I could have also called my mom, but I wasn't talking to my family at the time).

Finally, I had to pay like $3,500 in additional fines to Austin to get my license off suspension, because I had too many convictions for failure to maintain financial responsibility, I had to borrow a car to take my driving test since I couldn't make my own vehicle legal until I actually got my DL, and I had to take out a more expensive version of car insurance called SR-22. Not being able to afford a new pair of glasses ended up costing me nearly ten grand.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

That's some hilarious bullshit.