Perfect/Chill endings(potential spoilers)

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Perfect/Chill endings(potential spoilers)

Post by Cassius Clay »

I've noticed that movies that have randomly tranquil endings leave an impression on me. Especially when it almost feels out of place because it's unexpected(due to genre, or not seeming to match the tone of most of the movie, etc)...yet feels like a perfect ending anyway. And you're just left with an extremely "everything's gonna be alright" type of feeling.

This ending of the first Bourne movie and the music that accompanies it was just...*italian chef fingertips kissing gesture* muah!

Last edited by Cassius Clay on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Re: Chill endings

Post by Cassius Clay »

I can't find the clip but 28 days later is another good one. Horror movies aren't supposed to end like that...and it was perfect. They shot a much darker alternate ending too, but I'm glad they went with the official one.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Re: Chill endings

Post by Cassius Clay »

I feared this movie was going to end in tragedy but was pleasantly surprised by the happy/peaceful ending. There's still a hint of sadness tho...understandably.

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Re: Chill endings(potential spoilers)

Post by Cassius Clay »

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Re: Perfect/Chill endings(potential spoilers)

Post by Cassius Clay »

maz89
Ultra Poster

Post by maz89 »

Off the top of my head:

(Please don't press play unless you've already seen this underrated gem about mental illness.)

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"
maz89
Ultra Poster

Post by maz89 »

Cassius Clay wrote:I've noticed that movies that have randomly tranquil endings leave an impression on me. Especially when it almost feels out of place because it's unexpected(due to genre, or not seeming to match the tone of most of the movie, etc)...yet feels like a perfect ending anyway. And you're just left with an extremely "everything's gonna be alright" type of feeling.

This ending of the first Bourne movie and the music that accompanies it was just...*italian chef fingertips kissing gesture* muah!

I love the music, which is featured in other Bourne endings too (I prefer Ultimatum's)... but it's a bit hard to really enjoy it too much because well, she is unceremoniously killed off like 20 minutes into the sequel. [none]
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

maz89 wrote:Off the top of my head:

(Please don't press play unless you've already seen this underrated gem about mental illness.)

Hmm...this seems to be the opposite of "everything's gonna be alright".
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

maz89 wrote:
Cassius Clay wrote:I've noticed that movies that have randomly tranquil endings leave an impression on me. Especially when it almost feels out of place because it's unexpected(due to genre, or not seeming to match the tone of most of the movie, etc)...yet feels like a perfect ending anyway. And you're just left with an extremely "everything's gonna be alright" type of feeling.

I love the music, which is featured in other Bourne endings too (I prefer Ultimatum's)... but it's a bit hard to really enjoy it too much because well, she is unceremoniously killed off like 20 minutes into the sequel. [none]
I meant the music before 'Extreme ways' drops. Sounds like a xylophone and really goes with the feeling of the scene. 'Extreme ways' is great too though.
maz89
Ultra Poster

Post by maz89 »

Cassius Clay wrote:
maz89 wrote:Off the top of my head:

Hmm...this seems to be the opposite of "everything's gonna be alright".
[laugh] You need to see the movie to appreciate the context, and then you'll get that "everything's gonna be alright" vibe.
maz89
Ultra Poster

Post by maz89 »

Cassius Clay wrote: I meant the music before 'Extreme ways' drops. Sounds like a xylophone and really goes with the feeling of the scene. 'Extreme ways' is great too though.
Oh, my bad. Speakers were turned down low when I first saw the vid. That peaceful, soothing tone reminds me of the score from Mass Effect.