Question about guns (especially for Cash)

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
RandallFlagg
New Timer

Question about guns (especially for Cash)

Post by RandallFlagg »

Hey!

I'm considering taking up pistol shooting at the local gun club and am looking for some suggestions. Which kinds of shooting are the most fun, in your opinion? Which guns offer the best "bang for the buck" (literally)?

In Sweden, the progression goes something like this:

1. You take a course to qualify for gun permit (borrowed gun at gun club).
2. Upon completion, you are allowed to get a .22. This is called the C class. Which kinds of .22 would you recommend?
3. After a period of successful shooting with .22, you're allowed to move up into other classes. Here, I'm not sure if it's a full opening or if you have to progress through the "ranks", but we have B class (like C class but up to, I think, .32), A class (service guns like 9 mm and .45 etc), R class (revolvers), and I think there's also a "Magnum class" for Magnum-type cartridges.

Which is more fun, pistol or revolver?

I've been looking at Walther P22 for the .22, a Glock 17 for 9 mm, and a 1911-type pistol for the .45 (depending on which class I end up in, could be either one, all of them, or a combination). Is the Ruger SR1911 any good? I'm a big fan of both old West history and the good old gunslinger movies, so revolver seems like fun. Guns are quite expensive here and I'm not sure how the laws are for import, so I might not be able to afford a whole collection, might have to be picky.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Re: Question about guns (especially for Cash)

Post by CashRules »

"Walther P22 for the .22, a Glock 17 for 9 mm, and a 1911-type pistol for the .45 (depending on which class I end up in, could be either one, all of them, or a combination). Is the Ruger SR1911 any good?"

All good choices and the Ruger is about the best of the 1911 clones. I prefer revolvers myself but that's just a personal choice. The best revolver still manufactured would be a Ruger Redhawk, which comes in .357, .41, and .44 Magnum. I have one in .41 Magnum. My favorite revolver of all time is the Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum but they are no longer manufactured and can easily cost several thousand dollars and I'm not sure if they were ever exported to your country.

Also, where the hell have you been?
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I've been planning on getting a gun and a motorcycle because civil war is coming. [none] Catch that NRA video?

A potential civil war is just going to give Trump more unchecked power.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

CashRules wrote:
Also, where the hell have you been?
This.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Cassius Clay wrote:I've been planning on getting a gun and a motorcycle because civil war is coming. [none] Catch that NRA video?

A potential civil war is just going to give Trump more unchecked power.
I want to punch Dana Loesch in the face although I'm not sure if I'm supposed to punch female Nazis in the face.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.