Foreign music

Gendo
Site Admin

Foreign music

Post by Gendo »

Given that we have people here from different countries; foreign will mean different things to different people. Let's say that British music doesn't count as foreign to Americans, or vice-versa. And of course most famous classical music would be foreign... really; I guess this should be about music with lyrics from a language that isn't your native tongue.

I already made a thread about Croatian music a while ago. Looks like most of the YouTube videos were taken down though. Anyway, a few foreign songs I really like... I'm also excluding music from anime as that would probably be a different topic.

Norwegian:

Chinese:

Fun fact; I first heard this song when I bought the album while in China.

German:

Indian:

(Same guy that did Tunak Tunak Tun, which was one of the internet's earliest memes.)

Croatian:
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Re: Foreign music

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

World music isn't really an area I've explored much. A long time ago an online friend did introduce me to the Polish jazz singer Anna Maria Jopek and I became a pretty big fan even though I don't understand a word she's singing:

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

maz89
Ultra Poster

Post by maz89 »

Heard this a few weeks ago in My Life as A Zucchini and it makes me want to learn French.

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"
Lord_Lyndon
Super Poster

Post by Lord_Lyndon »

My Taiwanese ladies: