Hey, blame it on Jendo. Er... I mean, Gendo.

A place for new members to introduce themselves so they can be welcomed! New members must post here before using the rest of the board.
The Creep
Frequenter

Hey, blame it on Jendo. Er... I mean, Gendo.

Post by The Creep »

Hi everybody. Long time no see! I know my sudden return must come as something of a surprise and a bit of a bolt out of the blue considering I seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth a number of years ago as far as my online life goes. The reason for this is that I've been suffering with a long-term illness for several years now (basically since the time I left the original IMDb Religion forum for good) - the details of which I'd rather not go into at present.

After dealing with several serious bouts of depression, anxiety and physical difficulties, I'm finally on the mend now, feeling stronger and more positive, and beginning to rebuild my life pretty much from the ground up, hence my return to using the internet on a more frequent basis again. I'm also trying to start rebuilding my social life and attempting to re-integrate into several social circles, hence my return to this forum.

I'll admit that I'm returning to this board with a certain amount of trepidation because I was unsure of whether or not you guys would want me back or not considering I just left IMDb so suddenly and without any real explanation.

I was feeling the same kind of anxiousness about contacting Gendo again for the first time in all these years through Facebook a couple of days ago, but he couldn't have been any friendlier, more understanding or more welcoming than he was. He invited me to this forum and hey, after thinking about it for a bit, what could I say but 'yes?'

So yeah… you can blame my return on him. It's all his fault. [none]

So… if you made it this far, after my boring you with my recent and utterly depressing life story… on to the good stuff.

Gimme all the juicy gossip! Who's still here? Who's left? What's been happening around here in general? What have I missed? I hope you're all well and I'm glad to have recognized several people and usernames from the past on here already. People like Steph and Chucklez and Liszt and LSK etc… etc…

I'm really looking forward to getting reacquainted with you guys and “shooting the bull" so to speak. It's been so long now since I've been in a social situation (online or off) that being back here will be a welcome and refreshing change of pace. It'll be fun catching up with all of you.

Lastly, if any of you have Facebook and know who I am and would like to be friends on there, just send me a private message with a link to your profile and I'll send you a friend request. My friends list on Facebook since re-activating my account is looking pretty sparse right about now so it'd be good to re-connect with any of you who a. actually somewhat like me, and b. spend time on Facebook. And you'd be doing me a favour too in terms of starting to socialize again.

I think that's pretty much all for now. Cheers for reading & putting up with my rambling and probably mostly boring re-introduction!!
Speak soon, and all the best,

- Nick. (aka. “Creep")
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Re: Hey, blame it on Jendo. Er... I mean, Gendo.

Post by Islandmur »

Welcome back hope things go better for you from now on
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Punching Nazis: yay or nay?
The Creep
Frequenter

Post by The Creep »

Islandmur wrote:Welcome back hope things go better for you from now on
Thanks Mur! I appreciate that. I hope so too!

I hope you've been well. I've missed you guys.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

[cheers] Good to see you, although you probably don't remember me.

Sadly, the board is a shell of its former self. Most of the posters had fallouts with each other and left, or lost interest and left. Liszt hooked up with Whitey and moved to England, but neither of them post here anymore. I think they deleted their accounts. Steph is going through some shit, and I'll be surprised if she posts here right now. LSK hasn't made a post in like 6 months to a year, and he was never very active here. Chucklez posts like once or twice every few months.

Anyway, glad you're doing well.
The Creep
Frequenter

Post by The Creep »

Derived Absurdity wrote:Punching Nazis: yay or nay?
As far as my desire to punch certain people goes, I have higher priorities. You know, people like 'elf-n-safety officials, the overly politically correct, members of boy-bands, reality TV 'stars' etc... etc... The list goes on.

Basically what I'm saying is that there are all kinds of people in the world I'd like to punch. I wouldn't want to limit my potential pool of... erm... "punchees" to just the one demographic. [none]

I'd like to think I'd strive to be an equal opportunity puncher-in-the-facer.

Wait, what was I just saying about political correctness? [gonemad]
The Creep
Frequenter

Post by The Creep »

BruceSmith78 wrote:[cheers] Good to see you, although you probably don't remember me.

Sadly, the board is a shell of its former self. Most of the posters had fallouts with each other and left, or lost interest and left. Liszt hooked up with Whitey and moved to England, but neither of them post here anymore. I think they deleted their accounts. Steph is going through some shit, and I'll be surprised if she posts here right now. LSK hasn't made a post in like 6 months to a year, and he was never very active here. Chucklez posts like once or twice every few months.

Hi Bruce. I remember you. [smile]

It's depressing to hear this about the state of the board. Back when we all posted on IMDb it was such a vibrant, busy, active community. So I'm sad to hear it's all been going downhill. [sad]

I'm hoping to friend a number of people I used to talk to here on Facebook, so maybe I'll be able to better keep in touch with many former members that way. We shall see.

Liszt and Whitey? Wow. I'd never have thought that. I don't remember the two of them corresponding much back when I used to post here, so that comes as quite a surprise. There are several other people from the boards I'd have put with Whitey long before I even thought of Liszt!

And thanks for the well-wish. It's much appreciated. [cheers]
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

BruceSmith78 wrote:[cheers] Good to see you, although you probably don't remember me.

Liszt moved to England to be with Whitey?
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Well I know they had paired up, and last time Liszt posted here she mentioned living in England, so I figure Whitey was part of the reason for her moving there, although she had been talking about relocating to Europe to practice dentistry for some time.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Whitey has unfriended me on FB so I have no gossip to share.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
The Creep
Frequenter

Post by The Creep »

Hey, it's his loss. You know that, right?
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

The Creep wrote:Hey, it's his loss. You know that, right?
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

aels wrote:Whitey has unfriended me on FB so I have no gossip to share.
DRAMA