George Romero Dead at 77

Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

George Romero Dead at 77

Post by Raxivace »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 44381.html

It's a real damn shame. Night of the Living Dead and its various sequels were some of the best work in the horror genre period.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
The Creep
Frequenter

Re: George Romero Dead at 77

Post by The Creep »

Oh shit. No.

Seriously, oh fuck.

I'm actually genuinely close to tears. Anyone who knows me will know why.

Well, that's my night/week, possibly year ruined. Jesus Christ.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

The timing of this is the craziest thing... Creep, the guy who loves Romero movies so much that his screenname comes from one, resurfaces literally a day before this.
The Creep
Frequenter

Post by The Creep »

Gendo wrote:The timing of this is the craziest thing... Creep, the guy who loves Romero movies so much that his screenname comes from one, resurfaces literally a day before this.
That... hadn't even occured to me. [uhoh]

This is actually quite... well... creepy. If you'll excuse the pun.

Still majorly bummed about this. I think I will be for a long time yet. Just can't believe this has happened. [sad]
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

I had been thinking about Romero lately too since there's been speculation that Night of the Living Dead will be getting a Criterion release.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
The Creep
Frequenter

Post by The Creep »

Raxivace wrote:I had been thinking about Romero lately too since there's been speculation that Night of the Living Dead will be getting a Criterion release.
We can only hope.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

I thought the title said George R.R. Martin died at first and I was like "Oh, fuck, no more ASOIAF."

And then I thought to myself, well, it's not like he was ever going to finish it anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Derived Absurdity wrote:I thought the title said George R.R. Martin died at first and I was like "Oh, fuck, no more ASOIAF."

And then I thought to myself, well, it's not like he was ever going to finish it anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

I think the only way it will be finished at this point is if Martin dies and somebody else takes his notes and finishes it.