New Evangelion 3.0+1.0 poster

Kuribo4
Regular

New Evangelion 3.0+1.0 poster

Post by Kuribo4 »

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/19077/ ... -Shin-Eva/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: New Evangelion 3.0+1.0 poster

Post by Raxivace »

Oh Anno.

Not sure what to make of this new poster but I'll continue patiently waiting for the movie. :)
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Also once this movie comes out it means that the Super Robot Wars games can FINALLY start adapting the entirety of the Rebuild plot instead of just going "here's 1.0, maybe most of 2.0 (If even that), also here's EVA-13 as a unit I guess".
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Kuribo4
Regular

Post by Kuribo4 »

https://twitter.com/EvaMonkeyDotCom/sta ... 6202284033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

∆ Another teaser image.

Rax, if I were to try out Robot Wars, what would be a good place to start? (I own no PS4)
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

These images all seem reminiscent of the end of 3.0, with Shinji, Rei, and Asuka walking to "where the Lilin are". Maybe that's where we'll start.
Kuribo4 wrote:Rax, if I were to try out Robot Wars, what would be a good place to start? (I own no PS4)
I'm guessing you'd want to play one of the games with Eva in it, though unfortunately its not in quite as often as you might expect.

If you happen to have a Vita I would suggest Super Robot Wars V since it legitimately got an English release (In Singapore, meaning I had to spend a bajillion dollars to import the game from there), and is currently the only game in the main series to even have one.

Unfortunately in V the Evangelion stuff doesn't start until halfway into the game, though it does have some pretty good moments, like Shinji having a bromance with Kouji Kabuto that leads to a pretty neat riff on 2.22's ending, and also Shinji getting an amusing pep talk about dating.

There's also Super Robot Wars MX for the PS2 and PSP. That was also heavy on Evangelion, and while it doesn't have an official English release or a translation patch, there is a translated Let's Play of it available. There's other guides online for learning menus that I could link you to.

The person that did that did that LP is currently doing one for Super Robot Wars L on the Nintendo DS, which features 1.11 and some of 2.22. I'm currently playing that game but am pretty early into it so I unfortunately can't tell you much about it and the LP itself won't get fully archived until the entire thing is finished.

Eva is also in Super Robot Wars Alpha on the PSX (As well as its later sequel, Alpha 3), and while there is an English fan translation patch for that game in the works, its been "in progress" for literally over a decade at this point so don't expect it any time soon. GunBuster was also in that game, which is cool.
Kuribo4
Regular

Post by Kuribo4 »

That's a bummer that there is mostly no English. :(
And I don't own the Vita.
Downloading stuff is a big no no in Germany, so I think I couldn't work with the patches either.

I'll check out that dating pep talk lol
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

No downloading!!??? Once again Germany tramples on fundamental human rights.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Also I didn't really notice before but someone pointed out to me that the Japanese poster has the original "musical notation" title for the movie while it seems to be only the English one that calls it 3.0 + 1.0.

What do you make of that?
Kuribo4
Regular

Post by Kuribo4 »

Raxivace wrote:No downloading!!??? Once again Germany tramples on fundamental human rights.
[laugh]
Well, downloading roms is illegal everywhere I guess. The patch would be ok to download, but the rest is risky.
Streaming can now cost you 140€ per streamed video too IIRC. So now it is impossible for me to watch some movies and shows which aren't on popular official streaming sites or available to buy.

The English and Japanese separate posters imitate what the show and movies do with the titles I think. There is always the Japanese and international titles, and they show them separately.

I'm still not sure what I should call this movie lol
The Japanese title is Shin Evangelion plus that weird musical symbol. Shin Eva sounds pretty cool.

The finalized version of the poster in watercolors:
https://twitter.com/eva_tokyo01/status/ ... 6099092480

And the very first draft:
https://twitter.com/khara_inc/status/891092213752516608
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

I personally use a VPN to acquire my files of uh, debatable legality. Haven't had any issues since I started using it, though I don't know what the availability of such programs are in Germany, and they can cost a bit of money.

I think I'll stick with calling the new movie 3.0 + 1.0, if only because it's still ambiguous whether the musical notation version is a repeat sign or the sign for marking the end of a song.
Kuribo4
Regular

Post by Kuribo4 »

http://blog-imgs-114.fc2.com/n/e/w/newe ... 25655s.jpg
Anno's yearly lamp drawing.
I still can't believe this movie's release is coming closer.
That design looks awesome btw.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

That's a weird looking Eva head.