Shin Godzilla blu ray is out

Kuribo4
Regular

Shin Godzilla blu ray is out

Post by Kuribo4 »

https://www.amazon.com/Shin-Godzilla-Bl ... B071S71D4N

The special features seem to be pretty crappy. The original Japanese blu ray had making ofs and stuff. It's really cool seeing how they build the miniatures.
Oh well.
The Spanish edition comes out next month from acontracorriente. I hope they translate the extras.

I love this film btw.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Shin Godzilla blu ray is out

Post by Raxivace »

My copy came yesterday. I'm a bit annoyed that the actual credits are not translated in the English release of the movie itself- the box itself advertises Shin Godzilla as being "from the mind behind Evangelion" and yet I'm not sure Anno's name can actually be read in English in the damn film, to say nothing of the hundreds of others who worked on the movie. At least its on the box in tiny print.

The "Godzilla vs. the Nerds" featurette is alright. It's a 30 minute roundtable discussion of nerds from Funimation geeking out over the film. It's not up there with like, Criterion special features but its hard to be mad at people liking a movie so unabashedly. They at least touch on some interesting ideas with the movie, even if they don't go into as much depth as I would have liked.

The blu-ray release has a reversible cover! That's pretty cool.

Shin Godzilla itself is still super watchable and I had a lot of fun with my second visit. I mentioned when the movie came out that I had heard there were accusations of the movie being fascist propaganda, and watching the movie a second time I even more strongly disagree with that notion than I did before.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Kuribo4
Regular

Post by Kuribo4 »

If it is like that the bonus feature sounds pretty charming.

The Spanish and German blu rays have different bonus content (an exclusive Shinji Higuchi interview recorded in Spain, for exampe), so I'll get both.
That's how I do things.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

I'd love to hear what's said in that interview.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris