Stuff like this makes me just want to give up.

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Stuff like this makes me just want to give up.

Post by Derived Absurdity »

https://theintercept.com/2017/09/18/the ... lege-free/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Stuff like this makes me just want to give up.

Post by Raxivace »

Yeah it's pretty fucked up. It's not like we didn't spend a ludicrous amount of money on the military to begin with either.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Why do you hate freedom?
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Cuz I'm a communist. We all hate freedom. It's in the manifesto.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Hey, the U.S. only has a higher military budget than the next eight countries combined and still stays bogged down for twenty years in illegal wars that should take three months. If we increase that to more than the next twelve countries maybe we can make two month wars last thirty years. Get your thinking in order! You're acting like you oppose the military-industrial complex that is set up to keep the entire human race in virtual slavery. Traitor!

Edit - Supported by all but four Democrats (plus Sanders) and three Republicans. Uh-huh.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

CashRules wrote:Edit - Supported by all but four Democrats (plus Sanders) and three Republicans. Uh-huh.
See, the Democrats are much better than Republicans! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Derived Absurdity wrote:
CashRules wrote:Edit - Supported by all but four Democrats (plus Sanders) and three Republicans. Uh-huh.
See, the Democrats are much better than Republicans! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Bernie Sanders wants the government to give everybody free ponies.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Derived Absurdity wrote:

I mean, they are. They still suck, but not as much.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2017/12 ... s-d12.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

i clicked on a link from there, and wtf.

"As far as some of the more politically sensitive sections of the American ruling class are concerned, the current sexual misconduct scandals have two principal benefits. First, the purge of prominent figures in Hollywood, Washington and elsewhere on the mere say-so of accusers is another step on the road to authoritarian rule and the destruction of elementary democratic rights. ... the sexual witch-hunt, with its message that every woman is in the “same boat" against apparently universal male wrongdoing, is directed at muddying popular consciousness, strengthening the hold of identity politics, and diffusing and dissipating anger against economic disparities and social inequality. It is intended to divert attention from the almost unimaginable concentration of wealth in a few hands and legitimize a type of exclusivist, gender-based mobilization of females across class lines against the “patriarchy.""
http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2017/12 ... e-d12.html

yeah no, I'm pretty sure it's about women finally speaking up against their abusers and refusing to be further silenced.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

yeah it can be pretty terrible lol