George Takei

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

George Takei

Post by Anakin McFly »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... oung-actor

If this is true it'll be the first one I'm really sad at. [sad]

A few survivors have spoken out saying that the accusation is fishy, though, one here, detailing among other things a sudden surge of Russian bot activity immediately after the accusation: https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/ ... -weak-case

Some have pointed out the double standards of how a single male accuser is instantly believed, whereas dozens of different female accusers of the same person can still get doubted. But idk, man. [sad] And the amount of pro-Trump people making gloating homophobic comments about how liberals will need to stop retweeting him now is depressing.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Re: George Takei

Post by Anakin McFly »

srsly wtf is with the avalanche of homophobia talking about how this is only to be expected from 'perverted deviants' like lgbt people and sharing 'evidence' like him flirting with men and repeatedly reposting that photo where he's holding a guy's dick (with consent, those guys were on that show explicitly to let him hold their dick), as though doing consensual gay things clearly means you're a rapist, and people cheering about how finally the tables have turned and it serves him right for not respecting his president who allows him the freedoms he has, and for being such a virtue-signalling SJW who'll finally have to shut up and thus it's a good day for everyone #MAGA

I do like/liked him, especially since he's the only prominent gay Asian celebrity I know of and that means quite a lot to me. But I decided long ago that I'd also be willing to believe victim's accusations of celebrities I like far more than him, even if those make me sad. And if further accusations emerge, then sure, I'd accept it and move on. But so much of this smacks of the right-wing gleefully having finally found a way to take him down, and I don't know how to reconcile my suspicions at how they're celebrating this with really not wanting to be one of those people who dismiss victims of sexual assault, because I know how impossibly difficult it is to publicly accuse such a beloved celebrity and how much more it would hurt to see people defending him.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Re: George Takei

Post by Cassius Clay »

Never heard of him