mjeyds meaning was revealed

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

mjeyds meaning was revealed

Post by Anakin McFly »

From the programmer's blog:
(spoiler tags in case you'd rather keep the mystery intact)

'Mjeyds'. On the imdb board bbcode syntax, there's a particular smiley that you markup using this bizarre word. People occasionally ask what the term means, and I've always enjoyed the mystery, being one of very few people in the world to have any claim to know the answer. I guess it's now or never for the reveal.

The emoticon set was curated, uploaded and configured by my erstwhile designer colleague. He took responsibility for naming them. He wasn't English, hailing from Denmark, I believe via several other countries. When I pressed him for an explanation of 'mjeyds', he said it was supposed to be an onomatopoeic of the way the late Graham Chapman said a languorous 'yes' whilst sucking on a pipe in a scene from Monty Python's the meaning of life . If it is, I guess it works better if you're using a Danish alphabet? If you've got all this way through this post only to find out the answer to that question, then I am sorry if it is an anticlimax, but thank you for reading. Maybe some things are better left mysterious. Another lesson learned.

Source: https://www.beatworm.co.uk/blog/interne ... ds-no-more
Monk
Ultra Poster

Re: mjeyds meaning was revealed

Post by Monk »

[mjeyds]