I have figured out the Trump Presidency - I have all the answers.

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

I have figured out the Trump Presidency - I have all the answers.

Post by CashRules »

Conspiracy Theory Time:

The Republicans in Congress know Trump is an imbecile. Well, most of them know he's an imbecile. Of course you have bottom feeders like Louis Gohmert who would need to gain at least 40 IQ points to be classified as imbeciles. But the slightly-above-average intelligence Republicans know he's an imbecile. But they are determined to tolerate the imbecile until next January for one reason - they want Pence the Nazi as President and they want him as President for as long as possible. Trump isn't even intelligent enough to comprehend when people are ridiculing him so he's easily outsmarted by the rank-and-file Republican asshats. By law, the 22nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution to be exact, if a Vice-President becomes President when the current presidential term is less than half completed then that person is only allowed to serve one additional full-term in office. If, however, the current term is more than half completed then the Vice-President who takes over as President is still allowed to seek a full two terms in office. So, on January 21st of next year (one day after the half-term point), the Republicans will either find a way to convince Trump to resign - he'll have a fake severe illness that will be miraculously cured, Praise Jesus!, a few months later or, if that attempt fails, they'll just have him assassinated. Either way, the playing on the emotions of gullible Republican voters will make Pence so fucking popular with just the right number of people in just the right states that nobody can beat the S.O.B. and he will end up serving as President for one day less than ten years, thus the second longest serving President in U.S. history. They may wait a few days or weeks after January 21st but it would not surprise me to find out Trump is dead on exactly January 21st just because arrogant politicians think they can get away with anything. They've been getting away with anything for two centuries so what's to stop them now? Then we'll end up with a Supreme Court consisting entirely of Republicans, good for my guns but not so good for my lesbians or my two favorite small humans or basically anyone or anything else on the planet. If you never see another post of mine it's because there are spies and I've been eliminated for knowing too much and you've been eliminated for reading it, all eight of you. Have a nice day.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: I have figured out the Trump Presidency - I have all the answers.

Post by Gendo »

Here's something that I don't know and could easily Google, but will post it as a question here instead. I know that no president other than FDR served more than 2 terms.. but did any president ever try and fail to get elected to a third term? And has any president served part of a third term due to taking over the previous administration?
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Re: I have figured out the Trump Presidency - I have all the answers.

Post by CashRules »

Theodore Roosevelt served almost two full terms after becoming President when McKinley was assassinated. Then, after Taft was President for four Years, Roosevelt ran again as the nominee of the Progressive (Bull Moose) Party. That's the closest to seeking a third term that I can think of besides the other Roosevelt. No President has, so far, served less than half a term and then been elected to two full terms.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.