Posts Per Page?

This sub forum is for discussion about the forum itself. FAQs, rules, issues, suggestions, etc.
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Posts Per Page?

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

Is there anyway to change how many posts there can be before a thread starts a new page? I ask because a thread like THIS is taking forever to load because of all the music/videos that's been posted in it. I searched through "Board Preferences" and couldn't find anything...
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: Posts Per Page?

Post by Gendo »

Yeah that thread's a problem for me too. Surprised that there's not a user setting for that, but there's not. I can change it a global thing for the whole forum. But I don't think that's a good solution. Fewer posts per page would be worse on all other threads. And that page doesn't have all that many... I don't think doing 25 instead of 50 is going to help all that much with it. Let me look into it this week; should be something I can do to either that thread specifically, (or the music sub forum); either for fewer posts per page, or something else to help with too many Youtube videos.
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

Thanks.
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I'm not saying I'm a wizard, but I'm just gonna leave this link here: http://forum.pittersplace.com/viewtopic ... &t=14#p503" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Anyway, as of now, threads in the Music subforum have only 10 posts per page; while the rest of the site is still at 50. This was not done with any plugin or built-in options; just pure hacking the source code of phpBB.

Um, let me know if anything is suddenly broken. Those sorts of things are known to happen when you literally edit your code directly in production with no QA or anything.
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

Awesome! I dropped in over there to check it out and everything looks fine on a cursory glance. I'll let you know if I notice anything is off.

You're a wizard, Gendo. [biggrin]