this dude is persistent

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

this dude is persistent

Post by Anakin McFly »

and terrible at reading comprehension.

https://disqus.com/by/disqus_lSG8LV1MAI/

I'm not entirely sure why I've spent several hours over multiple days arguing with him, especially since the thread is almost a year old. But I guess some points did get through, and he seems somewhat able to follow logical arguments, which is encouraging.

It's always tough when I throw out multiple peer reviewed scientific papers and he dismisses them all as liberal propaganda from unscrupulous scientists being paid off to produce skewed data for the LGBT agenda. He dismissed a bunch of them because they're from Sweden, which he says can't be trusted because they're a country that's made it illegal to report the ethnicity of rapists so that people won't see that most of them are Muslims and stop them taking over, because I guess the Swedish liberal gay atheist feminists want to live in a jihadist Muslim theocracy where women and gay people are oppressed and... yeah I lost his argument there.

It's a similar reason he gives for not being able to cite sources for his claims - the voices of truth are all being silenced by ideologues who wish to destroy America and freedom or something idk. It's hard to argue without sources.

The rest of his post history makes me genuinely worry about his health, the way he spends hours each day ranting about liberals and how Trump is MAGA, because he's this close to an aneurysm.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Re: this dude is persistent

Post by Anakin McFly »

also this amazing expression of logical argument in which he says that schizophrenics have a similar suicide rate as trans people therefore it's proof that trans people are schizophrenic. When I mentioned sex-atypical differences in trans people's brains in areas involving body perception, plus genetic links found via twin studies, he triumphantly pointed out that schizophrenics also had neurological differences and genetic factors and therefore it was more proof that trans people were schizophrenic.

I informed him that left handed people also had neurological differences from right handed ones. In a stroke of intellectual brilliance he said, "Do left handed people have suicide rates of 46 percent?"

I guess I'm done here.