Chaiyya Chaiyya

Gendo
Site Admin

Chaiyya Chaiyya

Post by Gendo »

I could have posted this under movies, as it's from a movie. But I simply can't stop listening to this song or watching this video.

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Re: Chaiyya Chaiyya

Post by Cassius Clay »

You watch Indian movies?
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Cassius Clay wrote:You watch Indian movies?

Only if you count Slumdog Millionaire. So far. I haven't seen the movie that this song is from.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Gendo wrote:
Cassius Clay wrote:You watch Indian movies?

Only if you count Slumdog Millionaire. So far. I haven't seen the movie that this song is from.
Unfortunately, Slumdog is British.

What's Netflix like in the US? British one has got a load of Bollywood movies on it, as well as TV series from Europe and South Korea.

SK has some pretty decent stuff - Black and Mad Dogs are probably my favourite shows from there so far.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Oh I knew it didn't really count.

I don't do the whole Netflix thing; just my DVD collection. I do really want to see Enthiran some day though:

Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

I know this is hella late, but in terms of Indian cinema, everyone should at least make an effort to see one Satyajit Ray film in their life. His Apu Trilogy is one of cinema's great masterpieces, and if you start with the first, Pather Panchali, I'd be shocked if you didn't want to see the other two (Aparajito and Apur Sansar). I personally love many of his later films just as much (Charulata, Devi, The Music Room, etc.). Akira Kurosawa once said that: "not to have seen the cinema of Ray means existing in the world without seeing the sun or the moon." I can't think of any higher praise one great filmmaker ever said about another.
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung