Totally gonna be the weirdo at Disney again

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Totally gonna be the weirdo at Disney again

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Not creepy weirdo. Just that guy who never got to go to Disney as a kid and now is making up for it big time

Last time we went we had no idea how important advanced dining reservations were at Disney (though we were pretty successful free-wheeling it).

This time around though, I was able to book Be Our Guest (for lunch), a Rivers of Light dining package with character meal, a character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, a Fantasmic! dining package, and a character dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. I even have After Hours tickets for the Magic Kingdom. So no

I know I know. I'm a grown man. But you know what? I don't care. These are things I've never gotten to do and I'll be damned if I'll let anyone keep me from being a kid for a week [blah] !
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Totally gonna be the weirdo at Disney again

Post by Raxivace »

It's totally fine to have fun there, that's what its for! :)

I'm not sure if its Land or World, though World is the one I've been to most often. It's fun though I really wish they hadn't taken so much of the classic Hollywood stuff away from Hollywood Studios (Or whatever that park is called now).
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Raxivace wrote:It's totally fine to have fun there, that's what its for! :)

I'm not sure if its Land or World, though World is the one I've been to most often. It's fun though I really wish they hadn't taken so much of the classic Hollywood stuff away from Hollywood Studios (Or whatever that park is called now).
It's Disney World. And yeah, I'm a little saddened that the Disney parks are becoming more & more homogenized. And it's Hollywood Studios now. I just recently found out the original layout of that park was a hidden mickey you could see from the air, but that's been disappearing as they add onto it.

Between that and Guardians of the Galaxy coaster going to EPCOT, I'm kind of sad to see some Epcot lose what made it unique while Hollywood Studios remains the resort's most claustrophobic park (Magic Kingdom is actually the smallest but Hollywood Studios feels like the smallest). GotG fits so much better in HS so not sure why it's going to EPCOT

Despite these laments, looking forward to this upcoming trip
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Update: I managed to change my dining reservation to dinner at Be Our Guest restaurant. It's prix fixe three course meal. And we'll get to meet The Beast from Beauty & The Beast
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

You and Jenny Nicholson would get along great.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Cassius Clay wrote:You and Jenny Nicholson would get along great.
Didn't realize she covered a lot of Disney theme park stuff. Live & Learn I guess.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

So I meant to give my after trip report sooner....

It was fantastic. Flynn Rider signed my satchel. Drizzella tried to get my dad to propose. I ate my weight in dessert. And the rides were as fun as always