I made a 2019 thread too

Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Re: I made a 2019 thread too

Post by Derived Absurdity »

I think you're still overestimating how cultured the average person is. I could be wrong but I doubt more than a small percentage of people would even recognize the name. You might say I have too low an opinion of the public but a poll just came out that said less than a quarter of Americans can locate Iran on a map, so.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Raxivace wrote:Yeah The Shining does have a lot too now that you mention it. The hot naked lady in the bathtub turning into a zombie is another one- even Spielberg's Ready Player One references that!

But yeah I tend to to agree. I think people probably recognize the name "Rosemary's Baby" but probably couldn't identity a scene from the movie the way they could for The Shining, Psycho etc. without having even seen them.
Yeah, I have seen Rosemary's Baby, but I still couldn't describe any specific scene in it.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Derived Absurdity wrote:I think you're still overestimating how cultured the average person is. I could be wrong but I doubt more than a small percentage of people would even recognize the name. You might say I have too low an opinion of the public but a poll just came out that said less than a quarter of Americans can locate Iran on a map, so.
Well I probably couldn't locate Iran on a map if it wasn't labeled already so I'm not one to talk here. [sad]
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris