I got this spam mail...

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

I got this spam mail...

Post by Anakin McFly »

Got this in spam from someone who said she was lonely and would like to 'fuuuck'. I clicked on the link, and I'm quite concerned that this 'dating site' first says that you must be above 18, but if you say you're not, they still let you through anyway. [none]

ketolife.su
Monk
Ultra Poster

Re: I got this spam mail...

Post by Monk »

You actually click on those links? You live life in the danger zone
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

yes.

It's worth it for the occasional lulz. Like the time someone sent me a 'passport scan' that was clearly whipped up in MS Paint in 5 minutes. There was Comic Sans and typos.

Though I hear that this is intentional as a screening process so that the only people who would possibly fall for it are usually very old and/or have mental health issues like dementia, so that sucks.

At other times when I'm bored I fill in all those phishing forms with elaborate fake information and photos just to waste their time. and mine. Sometimes I give them the numbers and addresses of scam prevention agencies.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Anakin McFly wrote:yes.

It's worth it for the occasional lulz. Like the time someone sent me a 'passport scan' that was clearly whipped up in MS Paint in 5 minutes. There was Comic Sans and typos.

Though I hear that this is intentional as a screening process so that the only people who would possibly fall for it are usually very old and/or have mental health issues like dementia, so that sucks.

At other times when I'm bored I fill in all those phishing forms with elaborate fake information and photos just to waste their time. and mine. Sometimes I give them the numbers and addresses of scam prevention agencies.
Hopefully you don't have sensitive data on your computer, or at least good tools against malware.
Those phishing links use code where you don't even have to click on a site; your browser just has to load it.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

I check them from my phone for that reason - apparently phones are slightly more immune, since those links are meant to work on desktops.

but yeah, I should probably stop. >_>