New Tool Song/Album

Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

New Tool Song/Album

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

It only took 13 years, but Tool has finally released some new music. I was just flabbergasted when this hit #1 on YouTube. We're talking a 10+ minute prog metal song from a band who hasn't been heard from in over a decade... I can't imagine any other band could achieve this. As for the song, it's typical of later-day Tool: arty, atmospheric, less heavy than their earlier stuff but, as always, beautifully and densely composed. Danney Carey remains, IMHO, the world's best drummer. Maynard's lyrics are as thoughtful and provocative as ever. Jones contributes with those alien guitar textures utterly unlike anything else out there today, and Chancellor holds down the groove of the song allowing everyone else their creative freedom and flights of fancy. As with all Tool, this will take me multiple listens to fully digest, but I'm more excited than ever for the new album (especially given their last three are all 10/10s from me, with Lateralus being one of my top 10 albums).
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Re: New Tool Song/Album

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Yep, it definitely sounds like a Tool song.