Becoming a hoarde...I mean collector

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Becoming a hoarde...I mean collector

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

My girlfriend has been a real drain on my bank account...yet oddly all my money is still spent on myself. [gonemad]

All kidding aside she has really gotten me into collecting, especially autographs. We went to Keystone Comic con this weekend. Nichelle Nichols was there and while I would have enjoyed one last chance to meet her, I opted to meet Jason David Frank (from Tommy Oliver from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers) as I grew up more with that show than Star Trek TOS. My g/f met Nichelle Nichols and told me she was very nice. Jason David Frank signed a green ranger funko pop for me.

I also met Steve Blum & Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, both prolific voice actors. Both appreciate their fans and Steve Blum will have a good conversation with you. I had MEG sign a print of her Critical Role guest character Zahra. Steve Blum shouted out one of his lesser known characters, Attila from Tangled the Series.

Finally I grabbed a couple of mystery boxes: Deadpool and Disney. I got a lot of things in both: deadpool mug that changes him into bob ross (but still wearing the mask), a Belle teaset, a couple of lanyards, etc.

All in all it was a good time. As an aside, I got selfies with JDF, MEG, & Steve Blum as well as a photo op with JDF. If I know it's offered, I go with the selfie. The photo op is more professional but really rushed. The selfie is cheaper but adds a personal touch.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Becoming a hoarde...I mean collector

Post by Raxivace »

Steve Blum always sounds like he's a class act.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Raxivace wrote:Steve Blum always sounds like he's a class act.
Yeah. He was pretty cool. So many people probably ask him to sign as Spike from Cowboy Bepop. It was nice seeing his eyes light up when I asked for Attila instead.
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

I also grew up with Power Rangers and JDF/Tommy was my favorite at the time. I still remember the original Green Ranger arc where they had him start as a villain, only to become the "6th ranger" later. I'm also a recent fan of Critical Role (you can see my thread about it on the Gaming forum) so I know MEG from that--loved her Zahra character, especially the chemistry she had with Will Friedle's Kashaw. Of course everyone knows Steve Blum's Spike from Cowboy Bebop. Cool group you got to meet!
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

So I was planning on going to Awesome con but the coronavirus has me worried it could be cancelled. A lot of other conventions have been because of it so far
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Conventions, business events, film releases etc. It seems a lot of things are getting cancelled or heavily delayed.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Raxivace wrote:Conventions, business events, film releases etc. It seems a lot of things are getting cancelled or heavily delayed.
Seriously. Hoping to see The Hunted tomorrow