Endgame

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Endgame

Post by Cassius Clay »

Just seent it. This is a common take, but Chris Evan's Captain America really is the Superman we deserved. I've mostly felt that Superman was too corny/boy-scouty to work in modern times, yet somehow failed to notice that Evan's had been pulling it off for the last few years. Watching Stark(who is basically Batman) getting inspired by Cap was...cool.

Guy on twitter said Man of Steel doesn't work because Henry Cavill lacks empathy. And this was long before Cavill did that interview where he foolishly stated that he's afraid to date women now because of the metoo movement. Meanwhile Evans is basically an SJW on twitter. Coincidence?

Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Re: Endgame

Post by Derived Absurdity »

I mean, progressives/SJWs are by definition better people than reactionaries, so no.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

All I know is Cavill's superman definitely can't lift mjolnir
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Cassius Clay wrote:All I know is Cavill's superman definitely can't lift mjolnir
This is true
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Apparently, the guy playing Superman on CW is pretty good
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Haven't there been several? Recent news said that Tom Welling from Smallville was going to show up as Superman; I'm a fan (though haven't watched any of the CW stuff).
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Tom Welling was good, but he played a young, naive, deer-in-headlights Superman...if I recall. Tho I think he'd be good if he came back. Then there was Brandon Routh, who was just...meh. I think Supes is meant be almost naively optimistic?....balanced out by grit...which Evans played perfectly as Cap.