Undertale

Place to discuss games of all types. tabletop games, video games, etc.
Gendo
Site Admin

Undertale

Post by Gendo »

Of course I'm a couple of years behind; but this game is fantastic!

Just finished my second playthrough; one more to go to see the bulk of the game's content.

In terms of game mechanics; it's light on actual gameplay; though what is there is a lot of fun. What makes the game so great is the characters, story, themes, and music. The writing is just amazing; both in humor and plot. So very funny.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Undertale

Post by Raxivace »

I've thought about playing Undertale before but I've seen it compared to EarthBound a lot and I didn't like EarthBound very much.

The song from Undertale that ended up as Smash Bros. DLC with the Sans costume is neat at least.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Woah, I hadn't heard that it made it into Smash in any form.

I did know what song it would be before I went and checked out the video. From what I understand, that song (Meglovania) is actually from another game by the same guy; and he re-used it in Undertale.
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

Girlfriend Reviews did a review of this that actually inspired me to buy it:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK1YlRtIUnk&t=446s[/youtube]
Haven't played it yet, but it sure sounds interesting!
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

That video is all correct; except that I think it's very worth playing through at least 3 times to see the primary game modes. It's basically a completely different game each time.