Why did Jar Jar Abrams do this to me?

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Why did Jar Jar Abrams do this to me?

Post by Cassius Clay »

Lazy ass ending. I'll never star wars again.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Why did Jar Jar Abrams do this to me?

Post by Raxivace »

Rise of Skywalker was just kind of...bad on most levels, I think. Even on just a spectacle level this is easily the least visually imaginative Star Wars has ever been. This is to say nothing of basic story issues that plague the entire movie. I've never been impressed with Abrams as a storyteller but this might be a new low for him.

I'm sure some of the issues of the film come from having to write around Carrie Fisher's passing, but that can't explain everything going on here, mainly everything around reintroducing Palpatine into the story out of nowhere.

The cast is still fun and charismatic here at least, and they deserved a better movie to end on.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Shoulda watched Cats instead.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I swear this movie gets worse in my opinion every day. Like; I enjoyed it while I watched it. When it ended, I thought it was fine. Now I spend my days watching YouTube videos about how bad it is; and I completely agree with all of them; to the point where I'm just mad about the movie.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I'm so disappointed in JJ. The Force Awakens was good, but the man does not know how to end a story. And Rian did a great job with The Last Jedi too...wish he ended it.