Transition to Reddit?

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Transition to Reddit?

Post by Monk »

I know we've discussed this before, but I was wondering if people were interested in transitioning to Reddit. We can even make it a private community if we wanted. Just think it might facilitate more discussions since I assume a lot of the people here have accounts, and then anything new will pop up in our feeds rather than having to actively come over to the Pitter's Place. Just a thought.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: Transition to Reddit?

Post by Gendo »

Reddit confuses me somewhat. There's a couple Reddit pages that I check regularly for stuff; but the interface is just weird to me. It seems mainly like it's meant to be a forum which just lays things out differently, but then sometimes it also seems like it's trying to be something different from a forum. The feed is actually the thing I don't like about it; maybe I just need to get used to it, but it seems weird to mix my unrelated content in one place.

Most of the old IMDB Pitters are now just using Facebook. Do you think people would take time to post on Reddit if they aren't taking time to post here?
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

We should stay off of Reddit IMO. Even for just a private community the format of Reddit is absolutely terrible for any kind of extended discussion, and the broader site itself and community just seems awful to me tbh.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Nah. Not sure if moving to Reddit would make things more active. I also like this board's layout much more. Old threads are easier to read here, so it's easy for me to keep updating my book review and movie review threads and stuff. Detailed conversations are easier to have on this forum than on Reddit, too.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

I don't have a Reddit account.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Most of the old IMDB Pitters are now just using Facebook. Do you think people would take time to post on Reddit if they aren't taking time to post here?
Yeah, that's fair. My assumption was more Pitters had Reddit accounts, so getting into discussions would be a bit more fluid, but obviously wouldn't work if others aren't on Reddit.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Gendo wrote:The feed is actually the thing I don't like about it; maybe I just need to get used to it, but it seems weird to mix my unrelated content in one place.
I don't use the feed for that reason. I just have a few subreddits I drop by now and then, so it works more or less like a regular forum.