Animal Crossing

Place to discuss games of all types. tabletop games, video games, etc.
Gendo
Site Admin

Animal Crossing

Post by Gendo »

Why isn't there already a thread for this? Do any Switch owners here have this? My wife was interested in it and I wasn't really. Then a few days ago a mysterious package showed up in the mail with Animal Crossing inside. Turns out a friend of ours got drunk and bought it for my wife. So she's been playing it a bunch.

So yeah people should go visit her island and whatnot.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Animal Crossing

Post by Raxivace »

I skipped out on it. I feel like I got all I ever was gonna get out of Animal Crossing between the GameCube and DS versions.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

What is even Animal Crossing. I see so many people lauding it but...I've never seen them explain the appeal.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:What is even Animal Crossing. I see so many people lauding it but...I've never seen them explain the appeal.
Its a lifesim game where you live in a village of cute animals and work to pay off your debts to a soulless raccoon.

Its meant to be relaxing and low stress. You go fishing, decorate your house, do stuff for your animal neighbors etc.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

The social aspect is huge. My wife has spent a lot more time talking to a bunch of friends over the past few weeks than she normally does.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Gendo wrote:The social aspect is huge. My wife has spent a lot more time talking to a bunch of friends over the past few weeks than she normally does.
Does she talk to them on a gaming headset? Discord? Or like what's the social aspect aside from visiting islands?
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

There's an app that goes with it (I think it's a component of the general Switch Online app); which features voice chat. But you can only talk to people in the app while you are both on the same Island; so it better simulates actually going to visit someone.

Separately; she had an actual Zoom meeting event earlier this week where she got on with a bunch of friends.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Ah ok.