Bad just got worse

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Gendo
Site Admin

Bad just got worse

Post by Gendo »

The next 2 months were always going to be pretty bad. Now they're going to be an absolute shit-show.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Bad just got worse

Post by Raxivace »

Fuck.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

For the love of god, why is Mitch McConnell still alive.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

The timing here is impeccable. Someone is fucking with us.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Lmao the argument that convinced me to begrudgingly vote for Obama in '12 and Hillary in '16 was the Supreme Court.

Lmao just lmao. So much for that.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Ironically, that's the same argument that got a bunch of people to begrudgingly vote for Trump in 2016.

I really hate that in our system; the amount of lasting power a president has is so much determined by the random chance of getting to appoint lifetime SCOTUS appointments. I'm not a political scholar, so I couldn't easily suggest a better alternative, but it can't be right that 1 president would get to shape the laws of our country for the next 30-40 years based purely on getting lucky enough to have the right people die while he's in office.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Term limits on Supreme Court Justices is the argument I keep hearing get thrown about. I'm not sure what a reasonable limit would be though.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Raxivace wrote:Term limits on Supreme Court Justices is the argument I keep hearing get thrown about. I'm not sure what a reasonable limit would be though.
In Germany it's 12 years.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.