Lol at the debate

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Lol at the debate

Post by Raxivace »

lol
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Lol at the debate

Post by Raxivace »

Today I learned there are systemic problems with racism and the police in America, and those systemic problems are just a few bad apple cops that need to be sorted out.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

And that wasn't even in, like, the top fifty of horrible and insane things that were said. It was amazing.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Trump told a white supremacist group to do something about Antifa.

*Edit* Since I want to be accurate; it appears that Proud Boys isn't a "white supremacist" group, but they are a designated hate group, and are certainly a xenophobic and chauvinistic (by their own words) group, who have a history of violence against left-wing people.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

So uh Trump and Melania have covid.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Yeah. Weird how it can be both shocking big news, and also make you go “well yeah, obviously they would get it eventually; their plan for solving the problem is basically to just let everyone in America get it to create herd immunity."

There are already people wondering if it's just another lie, given that the info came from Trump himself. Sad state of affairs we are in when the president is so untrustworthy that things like this need to be doubted.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

I wondered if it was a lie too, but how would it benefit him? Like even if he was going for some scheme where he fakes having a cure right before the election, would Donald Trump really willingly give up camera time and rally appearances and such for a plan like that?

Of course the galaxy-brain take here is that Trump already knew he had the virus a few days ago, and willingly went to debate Biden anyways just to infect him.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Boris Johnson's ratings went way up when it was announced that he caught COVID. I assume it's because of "the sympathy vote".

But in Trump's case, there's a potential bigger upside.... if he recovers with no serious medical issues at all in a couple of weeks; then it only boosts the narrative that he's been pushing the entire time, that COVID is no big deal and we should just open everything up and allow everyone to catch it. Also imagine if he announces that he took hydroxychloroquine and that's what cured him.

Another potential upside is that's it's a distraction. Suddenly him having COVID is the biggest news, not his recently-leaked tax information, or his openly telling the Proud Boys to stand by and do something about Antifa.

All that being said, I think it's unlikely that he would be able to pull off this sort of lie. If he were really trying it, doctors who actually know would be coming out and saying that it's a lie; the real test result would be leaked, etc. Conspiracy theories are generally always false because they rely on way too many people to be able to keep a secret. I mean, if he were lying and the truth came out, all of his supporters would still believe him over the truth. But at least there would be credible information out there that it was a lie.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Holy shit it's looking like Trump might have been trying to actually infect Joe Biden at the debate. Like, he was actually trying to outright kill his opponent during the debate.

I am laughing my fucking ass off as I type this. This objectively rules and is one of the funniest things to have ever fucking happened.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

If I was right about this I deserve a prize of some kind.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Derived Absurdity wrote:Holy shit it's looking like Trump might have been trying to actually infect Joe Biden at the debate. Like, he was actually trying to outright kill his opponent during the debate.

I am laughing my fucking ass off as I type this. This objectively rules and is one of the funniest things to have ever fucking happened.
Wait, is there some new news/evidence that Trump knew before the debate?

Also, were he and Biden ever physically close enough?
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

He got tested like right after it, maybe he was showing symptoms before and suspected he had it. It's possible!!

Also, he wasn't close enough, that's why he was trying so hard. That's what all the shouting and interrupting and stuff were all about. It was all about trying to infect Biden. That's my theory and I will never change my mind on it.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

He's been begging to get it and it finally happened. Very happy for him.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Me outside his hospital room while smug libs chastise people for laughing:

Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Cassius Clay wrote:Me outside his hospital room while smug libs chastise people for laughing:

I mean look...it's a terrible disease that I wish on no one but...it would've been true karmic justice had he suffered it like a normal person and not like the rich elite that he is while using taxpayer funded medical care that allowed him to take an otherwise costly experimental treatment.

After all the lying from him, we're allowed to laugh at him for catching it.