I have COVID

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Gendo
Site Admin

I have COVID

Post by Gendo »

You know the ending of The Mist? That's what it feels like to avoid getting COVID for a whole year, only to finally get it right as a vaccine starts to become available.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: I have COVID

Post by Gendo »

I am also reminded of this wonderful scene from the wonderful Cabin Fever (Spoiler alert!):

Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

That's awful, man. :(

Is the rest of your family okay?
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

That really sucks man. How are you doing so far? Only one I know that's had was my cousin and she was basically incapacitated for about a week but has made a full recovery.
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

My wife has it too. Both of us have really mild symptoms... stuffy nose and a cough. More likely than not we'll get by with nothing severe; here's hoping.
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

I'm most worried about what (if any) long-term effects are going to come from this. Hopefully for most it won't be anything major, but I can imagine that 5-10 years from now that a common question from health providers will be whether you ever had CV because it can increase your risk for other various conditions... but maybe that's just my inner hypochondriac talking!
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Lord_Lyndon
Super Poster

Post by Lord_Lyndon »

I hope you and your wife will be okay.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Oof. Sorry to hear that, man. Keep us updated.
Faustus5
Super Poster

Post by Faustus5 »

Jesus, hope you and your wife ride this out okay.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Thanks all.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Just lost sense of taste. My wife is just starting to get hers back after 5 days.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Gendo wrote:Just lost sense of taste. My wife is just starting to get hers back after 5 days.
Well that's a good sign for your wife at least. Still hoping you pull through over here.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Gendo wrote:You know the ending of The Mist? That's what it feels like to avoid getting COVID for a whole year, only to finally get it right as a vaccine starts to become available.
Give us an update, Gendo.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Coughing less but still some. Still no taste; which really sucks... can't enjoy food. But don't feel that sick overall; better than yesterday.
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

Glad to hear you seem to be recovering at least a bit. You could take this opportunity without a sense of taste to go on a health binge. Just start downing green smoothies. Probably help fight off the virus too.
Raxivace wrote:
Gendo wrote:Just lost sense of taste. My wife is just starting to get hers back after 5 days.
Well that's a good sign for your wife at least.
For a split second my mind went to a dirty place thinking you were referring to Gendo losing his sense of taste rather than Gendo's wife getting her's back. [none]
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Eva Yojimbo wrote:For a split second my mind went to a dirty place thinking you were referring to Gendo losing his sense of taste rather than Gendo's wife getting her's back. [none]
Dude...
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Anyways I hope the healing continues, Gendo.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Taste is back, so that's good. Apparently we got super lucky in that department, because for a significant number of people, loss of taste lasted several months! A few days is nothing in comparison.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

That's great news. :)
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Glad you're doing better. My bro got it last month and it hit him pretty hard, but he seemed to recover after a week or two too. I'm glad my family listened to me about not gathering for Christmas (after many of them did for Thanksgiving) seeing that he probably would have been contagious during Christmas.