Site Admin

Evangelion Blu Ray

Post by Gendo »

Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Evangelion Blu Ray

Post by Raxivace »

I ordered that ridiculous blu-ray set.

I do have to say its a bummer that "Fly Me to the Moon" is in so much of a rights tangle that they couldn't get it for the show again. I'll be keeping my Platinum DVD's as a result in addition to this new set.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Can you explain the whole Death and Rebirth vs Death(true) thing? Been a while since I’ve seen them. I know that Death is just a recap basically and Rebirth is like the first part of End… but I notice the new set doesn’t come with Rebirth. Is all the footage from Rebirth also in End? I own D&R and EoE on separate DVDs; the basic editions; but I don’t know if my EoE already has everything that’s in Rebirth also.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Death & Rebirth was originally a weird recap of NGE (Death) and a preview of sorts of EoE which contained the first 30 minutes of that film (Rebirth). There's some minor differences in animation and such, but my understanding is that Rebirth and the equivalent footage in EoE are basically identical. I don't think there are any Rebirth-exclusive scenes or anything like that.

Death (True)2 or whatever its called is just a modified standalone version of Death as a single film. The Rebirth portion is kind of pointless when you can just watch EoE itself on home video, after all.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Thanks. Looks like the set is sold out already so congrats on getting one! Can I have it?
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Gendo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:15 pm Thanks. Looks like the set is sold out already so congrats on getting one! Can I have it?
No! It's mine!!!!

All 5000 copies sold out within hours it seems. I'm kind of surprised I was even able to nab one.