reading threads

This sub forum is for discussion about the forum itself. FAQs, rules, issues, suggestions, etc.
Islandmur
Global Moderator

reading threads

Post by Islandmur »

Is it only me that has a problem following the threads ? particularly who wrote what?
I'm getting lost.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: reading threads

Post by Gendo »

Can you be more specific? Do you mean When looking at a particular thread, or when looking at the list of threads in a subforum? The person's name and avatar is on the left of each post, and the author's name is immediately below each post subject. But I can easily make various style and formatting changes to make things clearer if you're specific about what would help / what you mean.
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

it's hard for me to make out the individual posts... for example, the name placements... I thought the names were on the bottom of the posts... until I realized they were on top with a line under... to me the line is more the end of a post.. so even though I now know the order I still get confused.

On my screen it's all white... with just the post title in blue...
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Yeah Gendo, there is a change in color from one post to the next but it's a very slight change. Could we (by 'we' I mean 'you') do something to make the change from one post to the next a little more obvious for those of us without the greatest eyesight?
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Mur, are you looking at this on a mobile device; or on a browser window really small like a mobile device size? I noticed that on my phone, or when I just shrink my window smaller, then the avatar and poster name appears above the post (and I see what you're talking about with the line). But when I have a normal-sized window on my computer, I see the avatar and poster name to the left of the post itself. Just wanna make sure we're on the same page.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Ok, here's what I did:

[listicon] The alternating colors for posts are more obvious now. The lighter one is lighter than it was and the darker is darker than it was.
[listicon] There is now more space between each post in a thread.
[listicon] (Mobile / small-screen view only) There is a thick border at the bottom of each post to make it clear that it is the end of the post. The much thinner border is still there to separate the poster information from the post itself at the top of each post.
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

Nope I don't use smartphones lol, just my laptop :)
But as I multi task I have it on about 1/2 of my screen. And on the old board the names were on the side with the avatar at that size seems this board I have to have it full screen. and the color really helps! thanks.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Gendo wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:08 am Ok, here's what I did:

[listicon] The alternating colors for posts are more obvious now. The lighter one is lighter than it was and the darker is darker than it was.
[listicon] There is now more space between each post in a thread.
[listicon] (Mobile / small-screen view only) There is a thick border at the bottom of each post to make it clear that it is the end of the post. The much thinner border is still there to separate the poster information from the post itself at the top of each post.
I also need to put these customizations back.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Done!