One of my Indian acquaintances shared a Britain First video

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

One of my Indian acquaintances shared a Britain First video

Post by Blade Azaezel »

I am baffled. BAFFLED! For those who don't know, Britain First are basically the Nazi Party without the stylish uniforms. They have a hard-on for hating on the Muslamics, whether they're extreme or not, for being skinhead thugs and they're generally pretty illiterate and unintelligent. So they've put up a video about an extremist march in Luton and it shows Muslims chanting about Police going to Hell, and talking about how unbelievers will burn in Hell too. Y'know, the standard.

But on their facebook page, they also share videos by Christian pastors saying the EXACT SAME THING. They also oppose immigration, which is why I'm really confused by the actions of my Asian friend...who also has a Polish girlfriend. Do these people not think things through? Anyway, I felt it only right to step in an explain where he was wrong [none]
aels
Global Moderator

Re: One of my Indian acquaintances shared a Britain First video

Post by aels »

Clueless white person speaking here but generally when people of an oppressed group side with an oppressor, I think it's an attempt at protection. You know, you knuckle under the dominant social systems so they don't eat you alive. Which they do anyway, because the illusion of being protected is an illusion.

Or you know, maybe he just *really* hates Muslims.

And I am reminded of Men at Arms (or possibly Feet of Clay).

'The Hooms have sworn in their first troll member'.
'What? But the Hooms go around beating up trolls!'
'Apparently young Calcite likes beating up trolls too, sir'.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Yeah, I think everyone's pretty united in their hatred of the Muslims, so it's like "the enemy of my enemy" kinda thing. But it's still bloody stupid [/whiteprivilege]
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Well, you know, they hate our freedoms.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

The enemy of my enemy is my other enemy. Thinking the other way is what caused the f-cking Cold War. The bomb dropped on Nagasaki should have been dropped on Moscow, with no advance warning.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Yeah, I think if anyone disagrees with you on a majority of issues, the one topic that unites you should not be used as a foundation for supporting them. Muslim extremists and Britain First are both organisations full of fucktards. You shouldn't excuse all the B.F. bullshit just because you both hate Muslims. Guess what, B.F. hate you too!
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

No one is completely immune from siding with their oppressors. 'Cause oppressors don't leave you with many options. I heard someone call Gandhi an "Indian Uncle Tom" the other day. Most people don't realize how true that statement is.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

If I interpreted your post correctly, the following happened:
Your friend is Indian, but lives in Britain.
Your friend has a facebook page.
On that facebook page, your friend shared a video from Britain First, showing Muslims condemning the police, and your friend also shared a video showing Christian pastors condemning the police.

I came to that conclusion because I checked the Britain First facebook page and didn't find any video of Christian pastors condemning the police. There was however a video about "How the Bible is accurate". [none] I didn't watch it.

Assuming my interpretation is correct: What is the problem?
Maybe your friend, by sharing videos by Christian or Muslim extremists, just wanted to provide examples of human stupidity being without boundaries. Just because the video about Muslim extremists was taken from Britain First does not mean the video is a fake.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

No.

My friend is Indian, but lives in Britain.
My friend has a facebook page.
My friend shared a video from the Britain First facebook page about evil Muslims condemning the police, and stating unbelievers are going to hell.
Britain First hold the same stupid beliefs, except they're radical Christians and fascists who hate all immigration into Britain...they also have a video on their facebook page showing a Christian pastor discussing why unbelievers are going to hell.

I didn't say any video was fake.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Ah ok. I missed the video of that Christian pastor about unbelievers going to hell. Like I said, I didn't want to click any videos from there.

An explanation could be: Your friend feels more threatened by Muslims than by Christian extremists, and therefore linked a video regardless of who put it up on the Internet. In this case the opinion could be less an opinion of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", but more of "even a broken clock is right twice a day"; the Britain First being the broken clock right about Muslim extremists.

But then, I don't know your friend, and am just speculating.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

You Europeans are so dumb when it comes to multiculturalism. You started that shit, you should know better.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

You third worlders and your terrible countries started multiculturalism. If you fixed your own countries rather than moving to ours, everyone would be better off [none]
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

Your terrible countries started it by invading it first. So it's YOUR fault!
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

We never would've invaded if you weren't all throwing sticks at one another.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

We wouldn't have been throwing sticks at one another, if you guys haven't tricked us with mirrors.
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

Blade Azaezel wrote:We never would've invaded if you weren't all throwing sticks at one another.
I thought we invaded them 'cos it was easy and they had stuff we wanted to steal? Or did I get that wrong?
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

Also, what I did in thread is racist and I didn't understand why it was racist until I saw Tropic Thunder. Thank you Robert Downey Jr, for making me more socially aware. [none] I guess Castor explained it before but like a good racist it took a white man for me to get it. [none]

Also, I'm sorry.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

It's because you called Europeans dumb, isn't it? Racist. [none]
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

Yes. What I learned recently is you can't call europeans dumb and compare white people to fictional characters. That's a no no. Lesson learned.
vnufeld
Frequenter

Post by vnufeld »

OpiateOfTheMasses wrote:
Blade Azaezel wrote:We never would've invaded if you weren't all throwing sticks at one another.
I thought we invaded them 'cos it was easy and they had stuff we wanted to steal? Or did I get that wrong?
Well, it's easy to invade places where they throw sticks at each other when you have guns. : |