Pillars of Eternity

Place to discuss games of all types. tabletop games, video games, etc.
aels
Global Moderator

Pillars of Eternity

Post by aels »

So I backed this on Kickstarter ages ago (when I still had money) because it was made by people who were involved in some of my favourite ever games and who I would happily give my firstborn child. It came out last week but I haven't played it yet because my life is an unending saga of frustration and bitterness. But a Bad Thing happened and then the people involved actually did something about the Bad Thing and I am just really happy about it because the games industry is, by and large, fucking repulsive and I'm always happy when people do decent things instead. Like when David Gaider told everyone bothered by the diversity in his games to go fuck themselves. That was good.

Do not, under any circumstances, read the comments because you will be reminded that gamers are horrific garbage people*.

http://kotaku.com/pillars-of-eternity-f ... 1695608446

*Not All Gamers
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Whitey

Re: Pillars of Eternity

Post by Whitey »

I read the comments. More than I expected were supportive of the change. Got pissed off when I saw people using that Stephen Fry quote about being offended totally out of context though.
OurGloriousLeader
Frequenter

Post by OurGloriousLeader »

I need to play this but I know i'll never be able to dedicate the time it deserves.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

I know, right? I just saw an anguished FB post from my sister saying she can't even do character creation because there are too many options and she doesn't know what to pick. I'm never going to play this game, not unless I can arrange to be locked in a soundproof bunker for about a month.
OurGloriousLeader
Frequenter

Post by OurGloriousLeader »

Apparently it's absolutely fantastic too

*wistful sigh*
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Yeah, I read a review about how 'You Absolutely Must Play Pillars of Eternity' like, get thee behind me, Satan. That said, I absolutely *must* play PoE because a) I spent cashmonies on it, and b) LOOK WHO IT'S MADE BY. Chris Avellone worked on that shit! CHRIS AVELLONE.