Editing and/or deleting stuff

This sub forum is for discussion about the forum itself. FAQs, rules, issues, suggestions, etc.
Gendo
Site Admin

Editing and/or deleting stuff

Post by Gendo »

Ok, I don't know/remember what settings were there in the last board... but what do we want to allow in terms of editing/deleting? Talking now just about what non-mods can do. I think currently anyone can edit their own post, but then it doesn't show in the post that it's been edited, which is bad and leads to confusion. And I dunno if people can delete their own posts or not. I could find out, but I'm lazy. So anyway, what do we want to allow:

- Editing and deleting can only be done before a certain time. Like 1 minute or something. This will allow people to fix typos, or realize that they posted in the wrong thread, or something like that. But after that 1 minute, no editing or deleting.

- People can edit, but not delete. And we'll make sure that it marks posts as edited if this happens.

- People can edit and delete their own posts. It's their own posts after all.

So what do we want?

I'm not sure, but it looks like people can only delete their own posts if it is the last (or only) post in a thread. And it's set to show "last edited" time, but I'm not seeing that show up in edited posts.

*Edit* Ah ok, "last edit" info only shows up if the post wasn't the last post in a thread when it was edited. It also doesn't show up when a mod/admin edits a post.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Re: Editing and/or deleting stuff

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

We can edit but not delete. A post that has been edited does not indicate as such.

#2 seems fair.
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation