This is how you cook Lamb

thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

This is how you cook Lamb

Post by thesalmonofdoubt »

So, as some of your facebook people may know, every sunday I host a bit of a dinner gathering for my kids, nephews and nieces and their Boyfriends, fiancées etc - There's usually a few people over as its become quite a popular thing.

Anyways, cooking for dozens of people can be tricky/expensive and time challenging especially given you have to get everything ready at the right time.

Seeing as how there is a food section on this board - figured I might start adding to it.

So, this was last Sunday's effort. Lamb's coming off season here so the price is dropping and Rack of lamb is a few of favourite things.. So I decided to get a shit ton of racks and cook them up.

For the rack - marinade of Smokey paprika, turmeric, garlic, rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, with fresh rosemary spears imbedded in the fat. Stuffed them with Danish fetta, semi sun dried tomatoes, garlic, sage onion bread crumbs soaked in white wine. In the oven at 180c for 30 minutes - 10 minutes to rest covered in foil.

^this is exactly how rare lamb racks should be - if you cook them more than this, then you do not deserve lamb.

Cannot get the image to just appear in this post tho given the page keeps saying the image needs to be 768 pixels high - so, what's that all about? I'm sure people have posted bigger images before? (ok - fixed now)

Anyways - sides were unremarkable. Made creamy potatoes (potatoes sliced thin, layered with cheese, stock powder, sliced leek and bacon chunks) and a green side of broccoli and Brussel sprouts (no idea why people rag on brussel sprouts so much, they're one of my all time fav vegetables)

Anyways - was delish.
aels
Global Moderator

Re: This is how you cook Lamb

Post by aels »

Plz to cook for me thank you yes.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Next time you are in the neighbourhood, I'll pop whatever you like into the oven!

BTW - how do I get the pic to post in the thread as opposed to just a link.. I thought the size restriction was just for the profile pic.

I don't know how to message board
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

I don't know, I tried posting it myself and I'm having the same problem as you. It's probably Gendo's fault, most things are [none]
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

aels wrote:I don't know, I tried posting it myself and I'm having the same problem as you. It's probably Gendo's fault, most things are [none]
I was almost certain it would be something to do with Gendo, was awaiting your confirmation to be sure tho.

So - Gendo.. Like, WTF dude!
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

My only suggestion is to copy it to paint, right click, left click 'resize', left click pixels, enter in the vertical height (the width will change automatically), save and you pretty know the rest from there. I'm sure there's a much simpler way to do it though.
Last edited by Unvoiced_Apollo on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

all fixed now - thanks Gendo, the cause and solution to almost all of life's worries
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Unfortunately for most people, but not for me, I live in a part of the country where lamb is impossible to find in the grocery store. None of the smaller towns carry it so you have to drive to Nashville, Chattanooga or Huntsville to find it.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Unfortunately for most people, but not for me, I live in a part of the country where lamb is impossible to find in the grocery store
Yeah - that would suck for me - lamb is my all time favourite meat, it used to be about the most popular meat here but now, it's hella expensive from being cheap as chips.

Rack is about 40 odd bucks a kilo so, it pays to wait till its on special, more so if you are cooking in bulk.