White people are ridiculous

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

White people are ridiculous

Post by Cassius Clay »

So, if you're following the NBA finals, you should have heard some of the hype over a player called Matthew Dellavedova AKA Delly...and how he has apparently "shut down" Steph Curry in these finals. This is another case of the classic "great white hope" phenomenon. Yes, Delly is a hard worker. He tries to make up for what he lacks in athleticism and skill with incredible effort. And he has been involved in a lot of key moments because of his effort. So, I'll give him credit for that. And, yes, part of the hype is due to the fact that people love underdogs. Delly is an undrafted bench warmer...who has been forced to start in the finals because the starter is injured for the rest of the season.

But, of course, white America has to blow it out of proportion and talk about how he is "locking down" possibly one of the greatest off-the-dribble shooters we have ever seen...the freaking MVP of the league this year. Curry missed 13 threes in game 2(which I think is a finals record for threes missed), and people want to attribute that to Delly's super duper defense. Great shooters sometimes get cold. Only someone that lacks basketball intelligence would assert or believe that an undrafted player caused arguably the greatest shooter ever to miss 13 damn threes. The Cavs are playing great team defense on Curry. And, honestly, Curry has not looked like himself since he took that nasty fall on his head in the previous series.

I've even seen some people, without an ounce of sarcasm, suggest that Delly has been the MVP of this series. Not, you know, the greatest player on the planet...who has yet again, carried a bunch of bums to the finals. White America, get it together.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Re: White people are ridiculous

Post by BruceSmith78 »

I just saw some of the memes on a Facebook post and this is exactly what I was thinking, particularly when I saw a photoshop job titled "the real finals MVP". Dude's being overhyped cuz he's white.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Delly! Delly! Delly!
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

So basically there's a white guy shutting down Steph Curry?
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

The white guy part is correct.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Steph gave Delly and the rest of the Cavs a bit of a spanking last night. So I people are being forced to come back down to reality.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Cassius Clay wrote:Steph gave Delly and the rest of the Cavs a bit of a spanking last night. So I people are being forced to come back down to reality.

Those damn I people, always living in fantasy land.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

You know it.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

That tiny Australian motherfucker is a dirty player. It's not that he's a tough defender, I could respect that; he straight up side-tackles people's knees. Not cool. He hasn't blind-sided Steph like that yet, but he ain't nothing but a little bitch.
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

So I might look this up later when I'm not on my phone, but has Jordan ever had a 20 point game with 0 in the 4th quarter in the finals?
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

I just looked that up. The answer is no.

Also, June 12th is the anniversary of the Bulls winning Game 5 against the Lakers in 1991, Mike's first ring. [yes]
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

The closest I can find to that happening is Game 4 of the 1992 Finals against Portland. Michael scored 32 for the game but zero in the final ten minutes (still scored in the 4th). Chicago lost 93-88.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Did you see LeBron hurt himself while trying to flop?
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

That shit was hilarious. Hits his head on a fucking camera lens. OK, it might have hurt, but yeah he was flopping like a fuckin fish and then writhes in PURE AGONY ( [roll] ) for like three minutes. Jesus Christ.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

And he was losing by 20...and he accidentally flashed himself.

Not a good day for LeBron.