Fallout 4

Place to discuss games of all types. tabletop games, video games, etc.
Whitey

Fallout 4

Post by Whitey »

I have never been this excited for a game. It looks amazing.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Re: Fallout 4

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Skyrim was the first Bethesda game I've played, and considering how much I've enjoyed it, I might give this a go.

I'm also interested in the Kingdom Come Deliverance game.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

While it has some similarities with Skyrim it's different enough to be it's own game. If you're interested in it I'd look at playing Fallout 3 or New Vegas, as they'll both be cheap due to their age, that'll let you know how much you might like this. That said, 4 seems to be adding a lot of stuff that 3 and NV didn't have, the customisation, the settlement building, the motherfucking Jet pack power armour, actually being able to board their aircraft and shit.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Just in case anyone was on the fence.

thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Post by thesalmonofdoubt »

Could not get into Fallout 3 at all even tho literally every gamer I know just loved it - not sure why it had no appeal to me, I think I found how they configured the graphics engine annoying (Don't know if it was the lack of environmental shading or the animation or something else but all the characters looked like animated cut outs, it lacked fluidity or a natural feel or something but I found it annoying)

Also - I'm a bit shit with open worlds cos I always end up getting lost or taking too long getting from mission to mission.

At any rate - I'll have a look at Fallout 4 - previews look nice but that's largely the point of them.

Currently - just finished playing Gears Of war Ultimate - which I bought largely so I could get a split screen Vs multiplayer on my Xbone - now just started playing Dying light cos it was super cheap - so far, I'm really enjoying it, amazing graphics, not too fond of First Person but this works well and even tho its open world, I've not got lost so far so, huzah for me being able to understand the screen arrows.

Also bought the last Resident even but haven't unwrapped it yet - never played Resident evil before so have no expectations - also bought this cos it was cheap and I've heard good things.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

I plan to get F4 when it drops in price a bit. Currently playing through Halo 5 on legendary co op. It is the worst Halo game I've played so far. Barely spend any time playing as Chief, numerous boss battles waste hours of gaming time and the AI teammates are just the worst. Still...it is Halo and it has its moments, just a bit of a letdown having waited 3 years.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

That's a damn shame about Halo - I never got into the franchise at all but was planning on giving Halo 5 a go just cos Halo always had an excellent Split screen Co-Op/Vs mode - which barely any games seem to be making any accommodations for these days and I've heard from my 17 year old, they dropped in this latest version of Halo.
If the Game sucks as well - well then what's he point?

As a point of interest - how much is Fallout 4 where you guys are from. We always seem to get ripped off massively down south when it comes to software and games - I think Fallout 5 is $99 for the basic game - the collectors edition is something around $130 - I expect it will drop to about 90 bucks in a month and eventually going down to about 60 when its been out a while if other games are anything to go by.
I normally wait and buy it second hand!
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

New games for Xbone and PS4 are $59.99 in the States. I expect I'll get Fallout 4 down the road a bit, maybe when the price drops about 10 bucks and Bethesda's patched some of the inevitable bugs.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

So - I guess if you convert it out .. 59 USD is around 85 AUD at todays exchange rate - add 10% GST and it about the same.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

New games in the UK usually start at £40 and drop slowly over the months. PC games are between £30-£35. Special editions can be anything between £50-£200 depending on what they come with. The new Halo, with Spartan Locke and Chief statues, is £200. Fuck that.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Blade Azaezel wrote:I plan to get F4 when it drops in price a bit. Currently playing through Halo 5 on legendary co op. It is the worst Halo game I've played so far. Barely spend any time playing as Chief, numerous boss battles waste hours of gaming time and the AI teammates are just the worst. Still...it is Halo and it has its moments, just a bit of a letdown having waited 3 years.
I've heard Fallout 4 is buggy as fuck so waiting for it to be patched is probably a good idea anyway. I haven't played Fallout 3 yet because I'm a poor who still hasn't worked my way through the initial Fallout PC games.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

aels wrote:
Blade Azaezel wrote:I plan to get F4 when it drops in price a bit. Currently playing through Halo 5 on legendary co op. It is the worst Halo game I've played so far. Barely spend any time playing as Chief, numerous boss battles waste hours of gaming time and the AI teammates are just the worst. Still...it is Halo and it has its moments, just a bit of a letdown having waited 3 years.
I've heard Fallout 4 is buggy as fuck so waiting for it to be patched is probably a good idea anyway. I haven't played Fallout 3 yet because I'm a poor who still hasn't worked my way through the initial Fallout PC games.
Pfft...just skip the PC games and go straight to 3. Also, play the Witcher, goddamnit!
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

I CAN'T THOUGH
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

aels wrote:

I've not really noticed any bugs yet. Of all the Bethesda games I've played this is the by far the least buggy.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

I haven't played that many Bethesda games, although I can never play Morrowind without at some point falling through the floor at the Vivec cantons and drowning.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

aels wrote:I CAN'T THOUGH
WHY DO YOU HATE JOY?
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

BECAUSE YOU DRAGGED ME INTO YOUR PIT OF DESPAIR
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

aels wrote:I haven't played that many Bethesda games, although I can never play Morrowind without at some point falling through the floor at the Vivec cantons and drowning.
I don't remember having a huge amount of problems with Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim all were really buggy though.