"Into the Woods"

Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

"Into the Woods"

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

That was the most boring piece of crap I have ever seen. We walked out after an hour and a half. I'm pretty sure I feel asleep at one point and maybe I missed it but I had no idea the entire film was a musical.
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Re: "Into the Woods"

Post by Derived Absurdity »

If you thought that was boring, you should watch Boyhood. Oh my God. That might have been the worst thing I have ever seen. It's given boring movies entirely new standards to aspire to.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

A movie produced by Disney was a musical? Shock & Awe!

I thought the first part was quite entertaining, but it really dragged in the 3rd act.

Though I will say the thing I remember most was the fate of Cinderella's stepsisters and Johnny Depp's Big Bad Pedophile...er I mean Wolf The broadway play (from what I've heard) had a darker edge that was lost here. Which is a definite point against it if it's the side characters that affected me more.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I've seen the play and liked it.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

When I came out from seeing The Hobbit for the second time (no judging) they were queued out the door for Into The Woods, which surprised me because I live in the sticks and we seldom see people queued out the door for anything. The trailer for Into The Woods didn't interest me at all, to the point that I was already annoyed by it before it was over.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

I won't watch Into the Woods purely because it has James Corden in it. As a main character I believe. I can't stand him to the point that if I see his face on TV I change the channel.