Daredevil

Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Daredevil

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

No, not that atrocity that shall not be named.

That Netflix series. I had absolutely zero interest in watching it. The movie ruined any respect I had for that particular character...however, I had accidently clicked on it instead of The 100 which is what I actually wanted to watch...and I'm glad I did. It was a decent show, I was unprepared for it which may have been why I watched it without bias. The storyline was pretty cool, the characters and their interactions were sufficiently smooth. I'm not a fan of Karen but I wasn't put off from her as much as I thought I would. Wilson Fisk...good god what a creepy dude. I can't remember the actors name but I've seen him in various other shows like Law and Order Criminal Intent and Jurassic World. Anyways, that dude has personified "creep". They need to work on the action fights though as they were not quite connecting fists to faces to where it was believable. One dude started falling down even before Daredevil went to hit him. Better coordination.

Walking Dead - watched through season 4. I definitely got into this a lot quicker than Breaking Bad which I doubt I'll continue to watch as I just couldn't get into it. I want to marry Darrell. That is all.
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Re: Daredevil

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Vincent D'onofrio.

He is an awesome villain, because there are moments when you almost feel pretty sorry for him. He's so socially awkward that I can relate. Then he kills people and I think...I can relate to that too [none]
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Ya, that pretty much sums up how I see him.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Woah... D'onofrio plays Fisk?? I had no idea! That makes me want to see Daredevil now. Though to be fair, I may have thought a similar thing about Michael Clark Duncan many years ago. Still, D'onofrio is just great. Especially in Adventures in Babysitting. Way better Thor than Hemsworth.
vnufeld
Frequenter

Post by vnufeld »

I couldn't get into it. First episode, I barely finished. The second one, I gave up on half way through.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

D'onofrio is the main reason I kept watching Daredevil. The fight scenes are pretty good for the most part, but he is brilliant. Also got a bit of a crush on Ayelet Zurer, so that helped.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

I suffered through about five episodes before thankfully giving up, after it became clear that to me that it almost certainly wasn't going to go in any direction I was interested in. All of the characters except Fisk were extremely flat and boring, some of whom changed their behaviors for no reason in service to the plot. It all felt really dull and stale. The plot in particular was really sluggish and uncreative. It was a chore to get through.

I also have a personal rule where I consider any show that has one of its good guys torture someone, and where it shows torture as anything other than unmistakeably evil, is an irredeemable pile of shit. And he tortured some guy in the second episode. I really should have stopped there.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I watched the entire first season in two nights when it first came out. It's great and I usually hate Marvel characters, especially their dozen copies of Batman. D'onofrio must just be an awkward guy in real life because he knows how to play awkward people. Ever since Full Metal Jacket he's made a career out of characters that don't fit in.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

CashRules wrote:I watched the entire first season in two nights when it first came out. It's great and I usually hate Marvel characters, especially their dozen copies of Batman. D'onofrio must just be an awkward guy in real life because he knows how to play awkward people. Ever since Full Metal Jacket he's made a career out of characters that don't fit in.
Iron Man may ripoff Batman, but he objectively has the better toys.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

I get the feeling D'onofrio might be awkward in real life too. He was supposed to be a "good" guy in Law and Order but he still creeped me out. I stopped watching because I always felt that at some point he was going to have psychotic break and kill the world and I was afraid he would reach me through the TV. [none]
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

I think D'onofrio's actually just an awesome actor who plays proper, in-depth characters. He seems to really put a lot of effort into adapting for roles too, weight gain and such.