Suicide Squad trailer

sikax
Ultimate Poster

Suicide Squad trailer

Post by sikax »

The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Re: Suicide Squad trailer

Post by Cassius Clay »

Hmm
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

That Joker is coming across as a bit too boyish.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Leto's Joker so far.
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Me neither. I know there's multiple ways to play The Joker, and I appreciate all those interpretations. But, there's supposed to be a complete devil...pure darkness...under all the wackiness that is The Joker. I'm just seeing a giddy schoolboy so far.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

It's the grills.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Harley Quinn though...goddamn
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Leto's Joker doesn't seem menacing or intimidating, and I feel the same about Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. I hope they surprise me, but right now it looks like DC's two most iconic villains were horribly miscast.
Last edited by BruceSmith78 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

BruceSmith78 wrote:Leto's Joker doesn't seem menacing or intimidating, and I feel the same about Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. I hope they surprise me, but right it looks like DC's two most iconic villains were horribly miscast.
I think Jesse's Lex has some potential:

Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Watched it a few times.

Harley looks good.
Killer Croc manages to not look too ridiculous so hopefully he'll be good.
I don't mind Will Smith playing Will Smith.
I don't mind Leto's joker as much as I thought I would when I saw the previously released pictures of him. He has the voice and laugh down and that's something. I guess they didn't feel they could do another Ledger style Joker. Right now I like Mark Hamill's Joker the most though he obviously only does the voice in the animated series and the games.

Don't really know who the rest of the characters are. I'm more excited for Batman vs Superman than this film for now.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

BruceSmith78 wrote:Leto's Joker doesn't seem menacing or intimidating, and I feel the same about Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. I hope they surprise me, but right now it looks like DC's two most iconic villains were horribly miscast.

I actually like Eisenberg's Lex, I think he can do it.

He's shown he can play a modern, ruthless, power hungry businessman when he played Zuckerberg. I also think he can play the hyper-intelligent, but also charismatic, douchebag. That's assuming they're not going for something a little different anyway. I mean, they've gone a different way with The Joker in this new DC universe, they may do the same with Luthor.
Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:It's the grills.
They actually don't both me at all. The amount of times he's probably had his face smashed in by Batman, he probably needs them....
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Whitey wrote:
Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:It's the grills.
They actually don't both me at all. The amount of times he's probably had his face smashed in by Batman, he probably needs them....
I find them to be distracting and they already look dated. I think they could have come up with something more creative to represent that.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

I'm just afraid Eisenberg is gonna bring too much nerdiness to Lex. Hopefully I'm wrong and he surprises me, but I'm not feeling it.
Ptolemy_Banana
Super Poster

Post by Ptolemy_Banana »

This trailer has actually made me interested in this film, which I wasn't before. The only part I'm not sure about is the Joker, but you never know. I do worry with all these DC films that they will be too long, take themselves too seriously and not have the writing/directing talent to take advantage of the opportunity. And end up kind of sucking like Man of Steel.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Man of Steel would have been better if they hadn't spent the first half trying to copy Batman Begins. Marvel has been copying DC characters since Marvel began, so let them do it. But the worst part is definitely Jonathan Kent's death. Oh yeah, Clark can't rescue his dad from the tornado because then people will realize he has superpowers. Did the idiots who wrote that scene ever even read a single Superman story? He can move fast enough to time travel. He could have rescued his dad, left him somewhere safe miles away and then been standing right beside his mother again without anybody even realizing he moved. Oh, moving that fast will create some air currents? They're in a fucking tornado!
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

CashRules wrote:Man of Steel would have been better if they hadn't spent the first half trying to copy Batman Begins. Marvel has been copying DC characters since Marvel began, so let them do it. But the worst part is definitely Jonathan Kent's death. Oh yeah, Clark can't rescue his dad from the tornado because then people will realize he has superpowers. Did the idiots who wrote that scene ever even read a single Superman story? He can move fast enough to time travel. He could have rescued his dad, left him somewhere safe miles away and then been standing right beside his mother again without anybody even realizing he moved. Oh, moving that fast will create some air currents? They're in a fucking tornado!
You're right about Kent's death, just wrong as to why it was stupid.

It took so long for the tornado to get to Kent that he himself could have just walked back to thr bridge.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I addition to both those points about that scene, it's also another example of something I really hate in movies... people risking their lives to save an animal. I love my cats, but if saving one of them meant possibly dying myself, I wouldn't question for a moment what to do.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Gendo wrote:I addition to both those points about that scene, it's also another example of something I really hate in movies... people risking their lives to save an animal. I love my cats, but if saving one of them meant possibly dying myself, I wouldn't question for a moment what to do.
Except people risk their lives all the time to save their animals in real life too.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Yeah, You always hear stories of people risking their lives for their pets, I don't think it's uncommon.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Yeah I've seen plenty of news articles about people jumping into rivers to save their dogs, only to drown as their dog swims out the other side. People are idiots.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Blade Azaezel wrote:Yeah I've seen plenty of news articles about people jumping into rivers to save their dogs, only to drown as their dog swims out the other side. People are idiots.
I never said it was smart, just not unrealistic.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I'm not saying I hate seeing it because it's unrealistic. I hate seeing it because it means that the characters are idiots.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Eh, it doesn't mean characters are idiots, just that they're are poor at assessing risk (which people are, in general). Plus, panicking. Plus, they love their animals. If my cats were still alive, I'd probably stay in a burning building longer than at all healthy if there was a chance to try and bring them out alive, even though you should just say 'Fuck my pets' and walk straight out.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

DC, why must you do this to me? I love your comics, and yet you treat me like....this.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Yeah, I wouldn't jump in a river to save my dog even though I'm an excellent swimmer, because dogs can swim, duh, but I'd probably take some stupid risks for him, because unlike Azzy, I have a soul.

I don't actually have a soul, but everything else I typed is true.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Having a soul will get you killed [none]
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Gendo wrote:I'm not saying I hate seeing it because it's unrealistic. I hate seeing it because it means that the characters are idiots.
But people in real life are idiots, so I'm not really understanding the issue here.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

When it's done in movies, it's usually by a character who is not supposed to be an idiot. And moreso, it's meant to be a tragic thing that makes you feel sorry for the character to whom it's happening. I mean, it is tragic, sure, but it's the same sort of thing as how Clark could have saved him without anyone seeing; Jonathan could have saved himself by not trying to save the dog in the first place. It's just that suspenseful or tragic situations in movies would be more suspenseful or tragic if the person in the situation couldn't have easily avoided the situation.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

I asked my daughter once what she'd grab to save if our house was on fire and she said her phone. [none]
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Gypsy-Vanner wrote:I asked my daughter once what she'd grab to save if our house was on fire and she said her phone. [none]
Sounds about right. Kids these days live on those damn things.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Gypsy-Vanner wrote:I asked my daughter once what she'd grab to save if our house was on fire and she said her phone. [none]
That's actually probably the smartest and most responsible answer, since you can use that phone to dial 911; not to mention how much you'll wish you had a phone while needing to make arrangements for what to do next, etc.
vnufeld
Frequenter

Post by vnufeld »

I wasn't too sure about Viola Davis for Amanda Waller. I was thinking more CCH Pounder. But what she does in this trailer works.