Tom Brady Absolved

sikax
Ultimate Poster

Tom Brady Absolved

Post by sikax »

The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: Tom Brady Absolved

Post by Gendo »

As well it should be. [royal]

Actually I've quite confused how or why a judge would be involved in a private organization's decision on how or if to discipline its own employees.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

The collectively bargained agreement between the NFL and the players' union established that an employee of the NFL (player) has the right to appeal a disciplinary decision. Brady appealed his four-game suspension, technically suing the NFL, and it was brought to court. It's a lawsuit. Missing four games means losing millions of dollars. Of course he's going to appeal that, even if he knows he's guilty (and I think we all know he's guilty). The judge ruled in his favor. Basically the NFL was sued for a percentage of Brady's salary.

I'm trying very hard not to be angry right now and smash something. [smile]
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Professional sports badly needs commissioners like Kennesaw Mountain Landis.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

Amen
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

What evidence is there that he's guilty? Not making an argument that he isn't; I honestly have no clue. All I've found is that the NFL decided that he was guilty, not what that was based on.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

From what I understand there was testimony from team assistants and a janitor. One of the assistants said that he and Brady exchanged text messages concerning deflating balls. Brady later destroyed that phone. Now, I know that isn't evidence of his guilt, but it's awfully shady. And given the Patriots' history with shady shit, it deserved to be looked into further, I believe. But Brady with his appeals essentially halted what otherwise would have been a more thorough investigation. So, who knows what really happened. The judge certainly doesn't know what really happened. His ruling today seems like it was based on the NFL's poor tactics in dealing with the situation and not the facts.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

He was probably guilty but I think a four-game suspension was a bit ridiculous. And NFL's conduct was bordering childish.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

Yeah, Roger Goodell is an idiot. He's mishandled so many cases that any future punishments he dishes out mean nothing. No authority anymore. Everyone is guilty, but nothing sticks because he's fucking incompetent. Sucks.