Damn BBC America!

CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Damn BBC America!

Post by CashRules »

So my TV satellite company dropped BBCA about four years ago for some unknown reason and then brought it back today. They'll probably drop it again just in time for the new season of Doctor Who but that's not the real problem. The real problem is they were showing a marathon of the past few seasons and were showing episodes out of order. I could somewhat understand a broadcaster not connected to BBC making such a prison-worthy mistake, but BBC America, what the fucking fuck? I had an old friend visiting and was trying to explain Doctor Who to her and this shit just made it more difficult. I've used up my computer bandwidth for the month so pages load slowly and videos won't play at all until the 26th so yeah, there should be some hefty criminal penalties involved.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
aels
Global Moderator

Re: Damn BBC America!

Post by aels »

I've heard that BBC America is riddled with lies and doesn't just show BBC stuff, it also shows stuff from like ITV and shit. What I'm saying is that you cannot trust these people as far as you can throw them.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Is ITV the place where British TV goes to die?
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

ITV is the channel where once every decade or so they will have something good that you like and you will be really surprised that ITV made something worthwhile. Stewart Lee referred to it as 'like a failed state, run by pirates and criminals. The Somalia of television'. The other ITV channels (ITV2, ITV3, ITV4) I tend to really like because they show some decent films or repeats of shows I like (like Wire in the Blood or Endeavour or Law and Order UK, aka Good ITV Shows). The mainstream British TV hierarchy goes BBC > Channel 4 > ITV.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Aels, you forgot about Channel 5 [none]
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

We didn't have Channel 5 when I was growing up because the masts couldn't pick it up in mid Cornwall. Hence, I consider it a dirty lie channel of lies.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

I would consider Cornwall to have had the better of the deal when it comes to channel five.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

It meant I didn't get to see past season 2 of Angel though because it jumped from C4 to Channel 5. Channel 5 has Gotham but that is literally the only thing I have watched on there since I got it.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

You realise Gotham is on Netflix so you actually have no use for Channel 5, right?
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Blade Azaezel wrote:You realise Gotham is on Netflix so you actually have no use for Channel 5, right?
The worst thing about Gotham is there's no real tension because there's only one way it can end. That and why the hell is Bruce Wayne still hanging around?
vnufeld
Frequenter

Post by vnufeld »

Angel is also on Netflix.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:
Blade Azaezel wrote:You realise Gotham is on Netflix so you actually have no use for Channel 5, right?
The worst thing about Gotham is there's no real tension because there's only one way it can end. That and why the hell is Bruce Wayne still hanging around?
I do enjoy Gotham, but I can't help but wish it was a proper Batman series. Kinda like if they'd made Nolan's films into a television show. Watching the 'origin stories' of every character is great, but I just want to see Batman kick some ass.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

I don't know what kind of money you think I have in my bank account but it's not enough to maintain a Netflix subscription [none]