The 100 best jobs

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Gendo
Site Admin

The 100 best jobs

Post by Gendo »

http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jo ... -best-jobs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Congrats, Dr. Liszt, you're #1!

I'm close behind at #3.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Re: The 100 best jobs

Post by sikax »

I'm #'s 26, 40, 57, 60, and 98. For an average of 56.2. Lame.
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

I know. It's pretty good. You have to talk to people though. It's kind of hard for me since I barely give a crap about anyone's problems.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

I work in a software company; I guess the closest job on the list would be "Computer Programmer" (#63).
My official position is "Senior Solution Engineer"; which means I configure the software our company sells to meet specific needs of our customer. This also involves programming.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

I'm probably an administrative assistant (#60) because they didn't have an entry for 'Person who wearily says 'DO THE THING' to a bunch of disorganised gossips' on account of that being the #1 worst and most thankless job.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

aels wrote:'Person who wearily says 'DO THE THING' to a bunch of disorganised gossips' on account of that being the #1 worst and most thankless job.
I used to do that too!!!! with my assistants. There was a moment where those silly girls were mutinous. It was not good. I came home all frustrated with life, but when I complained about it with Whitey he thought it was pretty funny. So... [giveup]
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

It used to cut me up really badly because I am a huge people-pleaser and I want, so badly, to be liked by everyone all the time. So I'd plead with people, then yell at people, then be convinced that people would hate me, then hate myself. Now I'm just beaten down. I don't care if you fucking hate me. Do the thing.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

I used to repeat my orders over and over and over again until they listened. They would complain and I'll be like "Ok, but do it please." I only lectured the girl twice and in a very mild way, I felt more like a loving granny than an actual boss. Whitey did ask me to complain to the superior there, so I told him "I AM the superior there!" It's embarrassing.

But I've been told that you actually acquire command. A lot of people start that way and build up, so there's hope!
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

My boss says I'm getting into the swing of things. She's like 'Now, you just yell at us in meetings and tell us we need to concentrate' and I'm like 'Yeah, but I cried every week for six months before I got to this point and I still find it really hard and exhausting and you're all a bunch of dickfaces [none]'
vnufeld
Frequenter

Post by vnufeld »

This is how I picture you two now.

Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

vnufeld wrote:This is how I picture you two now.

I can see that.

[edit]Just read the rest of the thread. Now I get it. For those that don't...

OurGloriousLeader
Frequenter

Post by OurGloriousLeader »

Why is Customer Service Rep in there? That's got to be the No.1 horror story job.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

OurGloriousLeader wrote:Why is Customer Service Rep in there? That's got to be the No.1 horror story job.
This x100000000000

I also noticed that CEO is missing. This article is bullshit.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

If you look at the actual "score" that the jobs on the last couple pages got; then it doesn't make them look like good jobs at all. It seems that this list is more of a "100 jobs, ordered by how good they are" than it is a "list of the best jobs."
OurGloriousLeader
Frequenter

Post by OurGloriousLeader »

Makes more sense!